TNG Community
Jo Ann

Connections Mod Error Message

Jo Ann

This mod successfully installed, and I see it working on other websites that use it.  However, on my site I get the following message for person 2 - prefix : bad person2 ID - please go back and correct

This error happens if I choose from the list or enter the ID directly.  I haven't modified anything related to ID numbers in TNG.

Thanks for any help -  Jo Ann

Ken Roy

What TNG version and what PHP version are you using?

Jo Ann

TNG updated to 13.1.2, and PHP is 7.4.29

mjaro

Jo Ann,

Do you still have this problem?

On 5/2/2022 at 9:31 PM, Jo Ann said:

prefix : bad person2 ID - please go back and correct

The message means that the prefix of the inserted ID is not the same as defined in the 

Setup >> Configuration >> General Settings > Prefixes and Suffixes  > Person prefix:

Please check it.

Michał

BTW I'm answering late because haven't expected messages regarding my mod outside the dedicated thread...

Ken, is there any "automatized" way to catch messages about the Connections mod  anywhere in the Forum?

Ken Roy
2 hours ago, mjaro said:

Ken, is there any "automatized" way to catch messages about the Connections mod  anywhere in the Forum?

Michal,

The only way I know of, is to monitor the forum,  that is to look at the latest entries.  Problems can get reported in new threads and probably should because it is difficult to follow multiple pages when the problems are not all related. 

mjaro

thx :(

Jo Ann

I checked the settings for prefixes and suffixes and found a "P" in the person section - changed to "I" and the mod now working.  I don't recall entering anything in this section before, so I'm not sure how the "P" ended up there.  Thanks for your response, and sorry I didn't post in the correct thread.

mjaro

I am glad that the Mod is already working OK 😄

I personally prefer "P" than "I" (because of better readability), but changing the prefix in a working installation is very difficult ...

Thanks for using my mod! Best regards,

Michał

Jo Ann

I would prefer "P" as well - that must be why I changed it - I work on the site intermittently so it's possible to forget some of these details.  But I'm happy it's working, thanks again!

mjaro

Thanks for info!

I use Regroup Person Profile https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Regroup_Person_Profile mod (and its family) which makes similar styling - among dozens of other improvements I like. The downside to the RPP is that many other mods conflict with it. However, I appreciate the RPP so much that I change other mods privately just to be able to use the RPP.

edglimited
4 hours ago, mjaro said:

Thanks for info!

I use Regroup Person Profile https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Regroup_Person_Profile mod (and its family) which makes similar styling - among dozens of other improvements I like. The downside to the RPP is that many other mods conflict with it. However, I appreciate the RPP so much that I change other mods privately just to be able to use the RPP.

Michal, I also used RPP as well, until it crashed my entire WebSite. The styling was as you say, an improvement over the standard template. To install RPP, I too, had to un-install all other Mods and then install RPP first, then re-install the others. I got to use my WebSite for at least a couple of hours, until I logged out, then it was game over.

Now I cannot even re-install RPP, with all other Mods un-installed. The standard error always shows, "cannot install"

If anyone has a Mod, similiar to RPP, please let me know..

Cheers Drew