TNG Community
Mine

privacy flag not imported from gedcom

Mine

Hello again,

as i said in my last post i'm Mine and just joined the TNG13 users (https://stories-through-time.de/)

Up till now i used Heredis 2021 as the software for my genealogy.
There i set the people, sources and media as private that should be private. When i import the gedcom into tng this "private" flag is imported as a custom event with the value "privacy" and the person/media/source is not set as private. 
It actually creates 2 identical custom events, one linked to people and one linked to sources, but none for media.

So i've been wondering what to do...

As i understood it, if the media is linked to a living person and the user is not permitted to watch living people the media won't be shown.
Did i understand that correctely?

But then does this work with the private flag as well?

I thought about using a SQL command to set everything with that custom event as private but i'm a bit scared to smash the db with the wrong command since i don't have a clue about SQL...
And since there are quite a few jpegs which are private but the source its linked to is not (because i dont have publishing  rights or don't want the scans to be shown, stuff like that) i still have the problem with the media. Still it would be better to set all the media as private and correct the ones which are not private manually, than to do it the other way.... 

Can anyone help me with this? 

Thanks!
Mine

P.S. Happy Easter!

Rob Severijns

Mine,

I noticed this posting of yours didn't receive an answer.

It's frustrating, especially for a "newbie", to post a question and not receive an answer.

Sometimes this happens but is never intentional.

With that in mind, is it solved yet?

Rob