TNG Community

template19 customdonfig question

John Paul

Good Morning TNGer's.  The question I have is : can you use customconfig.php for more that one dropdown menu?  Although I am currently making my first attempt at creating a mod for this, I was wondering about using customconfig.php or editing topmenu.php.  but like i said I'm attempting a mod for this purpose.  I was just wondering about the other 2 options out of curiosity.

Thanks

Yes sir I kind of figured that.  I was just curious if you could do that.  I don't use the mod itself, I just edit the 3 files involved. And like I said I'm trying to teach myself how to write a mod. It's kind of tricky at first, but I think I'm getting the gist of it.  While we're talking about the custom menu hook mod, may I show you this screen shot?  It's not on my live site (where it works perfect) but on my local site.  using the exact same customconfig and cust_text files.  Been over and over and can't find anything that would cause this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, I'm running tng v3.1.1 and using template19.  Oh and is it possible to add a submenu to this dropdown

Thank you for your reply.

JP

hook_mod.jpg

Sorry, I do not have time to provide any additional help since I am busy with TNG 13.1.2 beta testing and life events are also interfering.

Maybe someone else can provide the feedback

7 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Sorry, I do not have time to provide any additional help since I am busy with TNG 13.1.2 beta testing and life events are also interfering.

Maybe someone else can provide the feedback

No problem Ken Roy, I completely understand.  Good luck with the life events (hope everyone/everything is ok) and the beta testing.  I know the life events take a priority.

JP

Ok. Still haven't figured out what's causing my customconfig to behave how it is in the attached screenshot above.

And I have (I hope) one last question about customconfig and the Custom Menu Hook Mod.  I've read everything I could find in the forums and the wiki.

Can you create submenus in customconfig.php, and if so, an example would be nice to get me going.  Thanks and have a great day.

JP

I'm confused JP,

Is this on your live site or your local site??

Your live site shows

Joneshymant19-1.jpg

And can you upload the customconfig file so one can have a look at it please.

I note the links under stories are 404ing.. have you NOT uploaded those files to the extrapages folder??

And I think the answer to your original Post is

in the customconfig.php file (on your local site) you are using 

$custommenulinks[$link_nr]['label_index'] = "myjonesstories";

which requires you adding a line in your cust_text.php files in the English and English-UTF8 folders such like

$text['myjonesstories'] = "Jones family Stories";

which I see you have done so on your live site..

Gooday Rick.  Yes what I'm trying to do is on my local wampserver, but I can't see how it's acting because of the deal in the screenshot above.  But I copied everything exactly as I have it on the live sight right now, but it still looks like that.  even when I moved the Read Me files over to the INFO menu.  Works great on the live site, but I've done everything I know to do on the local sight but to no prevail.  I keep going over and over the customconfig file and the 2 cust_text files, but they all look correct. Man, I just can't figure it out.  uninstalled and reinstalled the menu mod, although I don't really use it, I just edit the 3 files.  I've copied a fresh copy of customconfig into the tng folder,, but it still looks like that.  Any thoughts on your end about this?

Also, can one create submenus in customconfig that you know of?

TTYS

JP