TNG Community

Surname Cloud and WordPress page

Hans Uwe Petersen

Hans Uwe Petersen

I use the Klostermann way to integrate my WordPress and tng installation. 

I know how to show the Surname Cloud anywhere within tng with this code snippet:
<div>
    <?php
        include($cms['tngpath'] . "surname_cloud.class.php");
        $nc = new surname_cloud();
        $nc->display(100);
    ?>
</div>

I would like to add the Surname Cloud to the WordPress page, which is my entrance-page for tng. Have a look at the attached screenprint.

Any hint to modify the above include-statement so I have the correct call from the WordPress page would be helpful.
Thanks.

wp-surname-cloud.jpg

I use the widget that's available here. It works wonderfully well on my homepage :)

Hans Uwe Petersen

Thank you for your answer.

Your link to the widget is not working.

It looks like nothing was found at this location."

Hans Uwe Petersen

It is not a question regarding the browser. Even when you right-click on the link to save the content, you'll get to empty zip files.

1 hour ago, Hans Uwe Petersen said:

Thank you for your answer.

Your link to the widget is not working.

It looks like nothing was found at this location."

Oh, I didn't realize that. I've been using it for years and never had to re-download it.

I think the website was made by @HeatherFeuer, maybe she can provide the zip files again?

Hans Uwe Petersen

Thanks for this input. But your solution is not, what I'm looking for. Your surnames-top-10 list is placed on the index.php page, which belongs to the tng-installation. My intention is to show the surnames-top-x list on a page belonging to WordPress.

But by looking at the source code of your index.php page I got an idea to make a table in the same way.

13 minutes ago, Hans Uwe Petersen said:

Your surnames-top-10 list is placed on the index.php page, which belongs to the tng-installation.

Actually, it is in the Worpress Welcome page with TNG data imported.. I use a PHP file as a template in a Wordpress page.

Anyway, I am glad it has inspired you.

Hans Uwe Petersen

Hi again.

I have now added a table with the 15 most uses surnames on my WordPress page. Thanks again for your input. But I would like to have a look at your PHP-files, which is used as a template in the WordPress page. Would that be possible?

alternative-surname-list-in-wordpress.jpg

29 minutes ago, Hans Uwe Petersen said:

Hi again.

But I would like to have a look at your PHP-files, which is used as a template in the WordPress page. Would that be possible?

Hi Hanse,

Surname block looks good. I create a template file in the current theme. Then include various PHP add-ons in the template file. I attach modified top 10 surname file. Did you a want see the the actual template file?

surnames-top10B.php

• 2 months later...