TNG Community

Adding a folder in Mod manager

StevieBB

Is there a way to add a new folder in Mod manager.

Obviously it is easy to add a folder in PHP but would like to make the folder within mod manager so it is deleted on the uninstall.

regards

Steve

Steve,

I am not entirely sure what you mean.   You can add subfolders to the Mod Manager that contain the code related to a mod. 

You may need to provide a better example of what you are looking for.

Yes, why didn't I think of that.  I can hold my config files within the mod folder. Doesn't matter where they are held really.  

But to explain I was wondering if the Mod Manager can create folders as it can copyfiles and create files.  I was going to hold my various congig files within their own folder in the root directory as tng.

Steve,

The Mod Manager expects the .cfg files and any required subfolders to be in the mods folder as defined by the the TNG $modspath variable.  $modspath allows users to rename their mods folder. You cannot store your mods in a folder outside of the $modspath.

There is a %mkdir directive that can be used to create folders or directories by the mod,  but you cannot create your own folder in the root directory to hold your various config file. 

3 hours ago, StevieBB said:

I was going to hold my various congig files within their own folder in the root directory as tng.

The Mod Manager expects the .cfg files in the $modspath directory. 

Hi Roy,

I am not referring to mod .cfg files.  I am referring the the config files my mod requires...  ie options, text etc etc...

Steve,

You can create your own folder, or you could use the extensions folder ($extspath in case some one renames the folder) to save your own configuration parameters, like several mods already do.

Okay...   Great.   Many thanks for your help. I think the $extspath might be the way to go.   That way I can create the initial files within my the mod cfg and know they will be deleted when uninstalling.  :-)    Will keep you posted when ready to publish.