TNG Community
mowog

Installed but getting error messages when I try to connect to Wordpress

mowog

I have successfully installed the software on my website host and I can see all the functions when I go to the admin function.   However, when I try to connect TNG to one a Wordpress page, I get the following error.  I'm sure it's something I did in the setup but I can't figure out what it is.   I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Note: I removed my website name and changed it to mywebsite.net.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tng_connect() in /home/customer/www/mywebsite.net/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tng-wordpress-plugin/tng.php:1127 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/ www/mywebsite.net /public_html/wp-content/plugins/tng-wordpress-plugin/tng.php(617): mbtng_db_connect() #1 /home/customer/ www/mywebsite.net ublic_html/wp-content/plugins/tng-wordpress-plugin/tng.php(705): mbtng_create_user(1) #2 /home/customer/ www/mywebsite.net public_html/wp-content/plugins/tng-wordpress-plugin/tng.php(511): mbtng_check_user(1) #3 /home/customer/ mywebsite /public_html/wp-content/plugins/tng-wordpress-plugin/tng.php(137): mbtng_login() #4 /home/customer/ www/mywebsite.net public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): mbtng_initialise('') #5 /home/customer/ www/mywebsite.net public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #6 /home/customer/ www/mywebsite.net /public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #7 /home/cu in /home/customer/ www/mywebsite.net /public_html/wp-content/plugins/tng-wordpress-plugin/tng.php on line 1127

There has been a critical error on this website.

theKiwi

What version of the plugin do you have?

What does line 1127 say?

Roger

mowog

Thanks for responding.

Line 1127 states the following:

$link = @tng_connect($database_host$database_username$database_password);

Do you think it's just a wrong database connection?  Everything seemed to connect just fine when I went through the setup on the readme.html page.

Thanks!

theKiwi

I don't know what's wrong, but a couple of ideas..

Are you using a default socket for the database connection - i.e. 3308?

If not, try this - change line 1127 to 

$link = @tng_connect($database_host, $database_username, $database_password, null, 'xxxx');

where xxxx is the socket number - eg 3307? and see if that works.

Roger

mowog

Ok, I did a complete delete and reinstall thinking that may solve the problem.   What I found is the error message only occurs when I have checked the  "Integrate TNG/Wordpress logins:"  box.  

I added socket number 3306 to line 1127 and still get the same error message.  I use Siteground and 3306 is what they list as the default socket.  

Have you seen this problem before? 

Thanks!

theKiwi

Yep - do NOT check that box to integrate logins - that causes a 500 error.

Apart from that is it all working now?

If so, you probably don't need those changes to line 1127

Roger

mowog

Yes, everything else is working fine.  Does the integrate login function not work at all?  

theKiwi
1 hour ago, mowog said:

Does the integrate login function not work at all?

No - it's badly broken - has been for quite a few years.

If you really want the login integration, there are a couple of others have sorted it with a different plugin - @mahesh and @HeatherFeuer have this I think.

Roger

mowog

Roger,

Thanks for all your help with this.  I ended up using the "Kloosterman Method" and just created links to TNG from my Wordpress site.   While not ideal, it's still functional.

mahesh
On 3/21/2022 at 2:34 AM, theKiwi said:

No - it's badly broken - has been for quite a few years.

If you really want the login integration, there are a couple of others have sorted it with a different plugin - @mahesh and @HeatherFeuer have this I think.

Roger

TNG Wordpress Login Widget (TNG V10 - 13) is available for download, here

I do not think @HeatherFeuer plugin is still available.

There are couple issues which I am trying to resolve at the moment.

1. On one user's SSL (https://) site the plugin throws up 403 - forbidden error. I am not sure whether this issue is specific to this site or is a general issue. I am still trying to resolve it.
  2. Since Wordpress 5.8, Wordpress is moving away from Widgets to Blocks. This means, for certain themes, the widget can not be placed in the header area. I am till trying to get my head around this issue! RESOLVED

If you do try out this plugin, I would be most intesrested in your comments.

Edited by mahesh
issue 1 resolved

Hans Uwe Petersen

Hi Mahesh.
I have installede Version 3.1.3 Beta of you TNG-Wordpress-login. This plugin works like a charme and make things much easier, as users don't have to login first to WordPress and then to TNG.

mahesh

Excellent, Hans. Thank you so much for letting me know. Makes it all worthwhile.🙂