TNG Community

Need PHP programmer help to eliminate PHP 8.1 errors

Ken Roy

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for help from PHP programmers who currently use the Living Flag Backup / Restore mod to eliminate PHP 8.1 errors

[13-Mar-2022 10:19:32 America/New_York] PHP Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../tng/admin_backupLiving.php on line 318
[13-Mar-2022 10:19:32 America/New_York] PHP Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in .../tng/admin_backupLiving.php on line 335
[13-Mar-2022 10:19:32 America/New_York] PHP Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../tng/admin_backupLiving.php on line 335
[13-Mar-2022 10:19:32 America/New_York] PHP Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is .../tng/admin_backupLiving.php on line 318

If any PHP programmers can help, please contact me offlist using the following link
https://www.royandboucher.com/tng/suggest.php?page=Living+Flag+Backup+Restore

Mod was originally written by Ben Wagner and I use it to backup / restore over 1,600 manually set Living flags because I have not birth date information from when I created the Acadian Festival Roy Family Reunion genealogy book back in 1994

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  

I may have restricted my request for help unnecessarily.

If you are a PHP programmer and have time to help whether you are using the Liviing Flag Backup / Restore mod, feel free to contact me using the following link
https://www.royandboucher.com/tng/suggest.php?page=Living+Flag+Backup+Restore

Note that the current mod works with no errors in PHP 8.0.8 but produces errors in PHP 8.1.1

My sincere thanks to Steven Davis for his URL link to https://php.watch/versions/8.1/internal-func-non-nullable-null-deprecation and especially to Michel Kirsch for the code changes needed to process the comparison between the TNG database and the Living Flag backup file as arrays.

Initial testing shows the code working correctly on TNG 13.1.1 with PHP 8.1.1.   Still need to test with PHP 8.0.8 and to simplify other array code and then make similar changes to the Private Flag Backup / Restore mod

Merci beaucoup Michel !

@Michel KIRSCH

Thanks again for providing the code changes to resolve the PHP 8.1.1 errors in the Living Flag Backup / Restore mod.  I have now tested the mod using PHP 8.0.8 and PHP 8.1.1 and posted the mod and the Private Flag Backup / Restore  mod that I updated based on your changes