TNG Community
Ryusoken

Problem with missing tables

Ryusoken

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to install TNG (v. 13.3) for the first time, but I ran into some strange errors. Firsty, I use a debian 10 server with root access and with nginx 1.14.2, PHP 8.1.3 and MariaDB 10.3.31.

I downloaded TNG 13 and unziped it into /var/www/tng. Further I changed the permissions to 755 and the ownership to www-data to avoid some other errors I received. I created a database named tng and a user named tng and granted the user all permissions via:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON tng.* TO 'tng'@'localhost';

The installation process crashes on the 7th step, the creation of the tables. Everything works fine and TNG can also connect to the database, but after this I receive this error:

FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Table 'tng.tng_users' doesn't exist in /var/www/tng/tngconnect.php:170
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/tng/tngconnect.php(170): mysqli_query()
#1 /var/www/tng/checklogin.php(58): tng_query_noerror()
#2 /var/www/tng/ajx_tnginstall.php(34): include('...')
#3 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/tng/tngconnect.php on line 170"

So I enabled the general log in MySQL to see the issued query which causes the problem. The MySQL log:

220313  9:33:49	   144 Connect	tng@localhost as anonymous on tng
		   144 Init DB	tng
		   144 Query	SELECT userID FROM tng_users
		   144 Quit	

Sometimes this query also throws an PHP error:

220313  9:45:27	   146 Connect	tng@localhost as anonymous on tng
		   146 Init DB	tng
		   146 Query	SET SESSION sql_mode = ''
		   146 Query	SET NAMES utf8
		   146 Query	SELECT * FROM tng_templates WHERE template = ""
		   146 Quit	

If I understand this correctly, TNG tries to receive data from the tables which don't exist. So, something failed within the creation of the tables, but no MySQL query was issued to create them. Maybe someone could help me with this rather technical problem.

Greetings

Ryusoken

Ryusoken
vor 1 Minute schrieb bhemph:

that TNG does not yet support PHP 8.1 for any version exactly for the reason this error occurs.

Thank you for this hint! I'll try to use PHP 7.4. The feature preview I've read stated that it was compatible to the latest version of PHP, but this was written on the 8th of Sep 2020.

Maybe the section 'What do I need to run TNG?' in the FAQ should be changed from:

Zitat

PHP (a scripting language, 7.0 or higher recommended)

to something like

Zitat

PHP (a scripting language, 7.0 or higher recommended but not 8.1)

Greetings

Ryusoken

Ken Roy
2 hours ago, Ryusoken said:

Thank you for this hint! I'll try to use PHP 7.4. The feature preview I've read stated that it was compatible to the latest version of PHP, but this was written on the 8th of Sep 2020.

Well the PHP developers keep making changes so what was true in Sep 2020 no longer is in March 2021.

You should be able to use PHP 8.0  I have tested with PHP 8.0.8  and Brent might have tested with later versions when we discovered the breaking code in PHP 8.1