TNG Community

Upgrading From 12 to new 13

martkin

Hi there

Upgrading from 12.3 to the latest 13 version.

All OK till step 7 database structure:

A change in this version allows private notes to be withheld from all visitors without express permissions. Please choose an option below to indicate which current registered users should initially receive those permissions: When finished, click the Submit button below. That operation will open a new window and make a few database structure changes. Your data should not be affected. You will see a short list of messages detailing what is being done, as well as a message when the script has finished. When the operation is complete, you can remove the upgrade_db12x-13x.php file from your site if desired.

and when I hit submit I get:

File not found

Firefox can’t find the file at /C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/upgrade_db12x-13x.php.

Check the file name for capitalisation or other typing errors.
    Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

I have made sure that the read me file is from my site database - this is what is displayed in the bar when I open the HTML document:

file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/upgrade_db12x-13x.php

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Regards  Martin

The problem is that you've opened the ReadMe page as file:/// from your local computer.

You need to have uploaded it to your website and then load it as http://YourSite.com/readme12x-13x.html

Roger

Edited by theKiwi
Corrected the URL that I just guessed at when I typed this originally

Hi Roger

Thanks for you reply and help - much appreciated.

The files have definitely uploaded to my web site as it shows v13.1.1 and the new templates are there on show at least in my admin,

but are not usuable due to the database I assume.

When I select the read me file direct from my  host domain file manager  list it opens up as I said previously.

My website is www.kinally.com        If I add my domain so:  https://kinally.com/readme12x-13.html       I get a page not found.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards  Martin

Martin,

Did you upload the readme12x-13.html and upgrade_db12x-13x.php files to your domain?

Once you have run the upgrade step.  You should rename or delete the readme12x-13.html file

2 hours ago, martkin said:

When I select the read me file direct from my  host domain file manager  list it opens up as I said previously.

If you open it from there what is the path it says it's at?

2 hours ago, martkin said:

My website is www.kinally.com        If I add my domain so:  https://kinally.com/readme12x-13.html       I get a page not found.

The file name is actually readme12x-13x.html and it is on your site - so try that and see what happens

Roger