TNG Community
John Paul

my new project

John Paul

no nore wordpress project.  no replies please.

Edited by John Paul
wp project no more.

PapaTango

This is because you do not use the TNG index page for anything.  Templates should be turned off in TNG admin.  Menu items in the WP to TNG end are custom items--Home is always the WP index page--and anything in TNG is given a separate URL for access in the WP menu.  Similarly, one can "trim" the TNG menu ribbon to eliminate any "home" calls or stuff like "Suggest."  It's best to create a page redirect for any calls to the TNG page just so that it is not indexed or called up...

ON EDIT and another thought:

The method which does allow the TNG template selection is Roger's plugin.  The question is why one would want the TNG index page, as the whole purpose of WP is to provide an extensible and readily formattable entry portal and page/post features.

Edited by PapaTango
My cat suggested it

John Paul
3 hours ago, PapaTango said:

his is because you do not use the TNG index page for anything. 

Yes, I figured that from the setup instructions.  I have found out I can edit that plain template stuff in wp's index.php..  I'm starting to figure a couple things out in wp.  starting to kind of like it once I've gotten a little used to it.  it's only been a few days. lol

I plan on adding the sub-menus for the tng stuff i want to display.  Here's a screenshot of what i got after a few days....

EDIT: right now, pressing the genealogy button brings uo the plain menu, which will be going away.

EDIT 2:  I apologize, but I forgot to thank you for the info and all.

wpscreenshot1.jpg

Edited by John Paul