TNG Community

Relationships in 13.1.1

bfoley

Have been running Relation Display by Jeff Robinson for a long time..  I updated TNG to 13.1.1 and now it does not work.  Shows incorrect relationship to anyone in the tree, yet core relationship process is fine.  Then I tried Roger Moffat's Relationship to Site Owner and had slightly different results.  Contacted Jeff and so far no response. Hopefully Roger will pick up on this and comment. The first image below is from Site Owner and is father and my relationship.  The one from Relation Display is relationship to myself.FireShot Capture 164 - Robert Vincent Foley b. 28 Nov_ - http___www.allofuscousins.com_getperson.php.png

FireShot Capture 166 - Rafael Vencint Foley b. 18 Jul_ - http___www.allofuscousins.com_getperson.php.png

Have you correctly set the values in the Relationship to Site Owner Mod to reflect the right tree and personID of the site owner (you)?

image.png

Roger

There is an issue with the mod in TNG 13.1.1 in certain situations.  Brent has been working on a PHP 8 warning free version, and in helping him test, ran into an issue similar to the display you have.  I shall PM you this version.  See if it improves things.

tngrlkrz

I installed the mod and it seems to be working properly. Right names, right relationships.  Not tested anything else to see if it impacts other mods or the core.

Thank you

Bob Foley

Bob,

Good.  Hopefully Brent will be releasing the updated version soon because you have confirmed the results I had with the older version in TNG 13.1.1.

There is at least one install order dependency listed in the mod's wiki article, that the reldisplay mod must be installed before the Living Color mod.  I have also found some others as well in my environment, so I usually install the mod early in the install list.  Just my way, but I force such mods to install by latering the sort order with a numeric prefix on the mod name in the cfg file and mod manager sorted by mod names.  That way I don't need to remember when I do a full 'batch' uninstall or install of mods. 

Well I have resolutions to the issues.  Thanks to tngrlkrz's effort the issue with relationship display mod will be fixed.  

And it appears that my configuration setting in relationship to site owner mod contained an incorrectly formatted ID and thus led to what I viewed similar to the issue with the first mod and led me down the path to farther confusion.  Not only do I thank Roger and tngrlkrz for their efforts but apologize profusely for my stupor.  I had changed the configuration setting in one and thought I did in the other.  

Again thanks to this these gentlemen and this forum, I am now a much happier camper.