TNG Community
John Paul

finding duplicates easily

John Paul

I've been searching the forums and came close a few times, but no go.  Maybe I've missed something...maybe this has been solved in other threads and I'm just not seeing it....  in any case, is there an easy way to find duplicates of people and families?  instead of going through one record at a time?  is there like a mod that will run a report or something like that?  I just need to check and fix/merge before I start migrating to the live site.

Thanks a mil everyone!

Rob Severijns

John Paul,

You could try the merge function in TNG if there aren't to many duplicates. Just leave the Person Id open and check the applicable checkboxes.

image.png

otherwise you will need to check via phpMyAdmin.

Rob

John Paul

Thanks Rob.  I tried thru admin people, did't find any.  There would have been only a few since i went thru manually a awhile back and sorted things out. 

BTW, how would you use phpmyadmin to find dupes?

theKiwi

I would create a GEDCOM file from TNG, and then feed that into a desktop genealogy software that has a robust duplicate finder, then use the results from that to merge the found duplicates one at a time in TNG.

Roger

John Paul
2 hours ago, theKiwi said:

I would create a GEDCOM file from TNG, and then feed that into a desktop genealogy software that has a robust duplicate finder, then use the results from that to merge the found duplicates one at a time in TNG.

I use tng as my desktop genealogy app.  Should I use another just in case?  what would you recommend?  Thanks for that info thekiwi, much appreciated.