TNG Community

Template 18 question

John Paul

In T18 admin - Template Settings, in the feature links box, I know you can add as many links you'd like.  What I'd like to know can you make a dropdown menu there?  I'm starting to run out of room for stories and stuff.  I really like t18 and would hate to have to use another template....thanks guys and gals.

It is possible John Paul, will require a little bit of work and a Mod creation to complete it.. It would also require YOU manipulating the Mod to add remove links as you wanted, also styling would be your issue too!!

What side do you want the dropdown on left side (left of Johns Side) or right side (right of Our GuestBook)??

I will PM the result in a day or two1

Edited by RickM
Added Question

28 minutes ago, RickM said:

What side do you want the dropdown on left side (left of Johns Side) or right side (right of Our GuestBook)??

either one, just need to know where the code is so i can move it if needed.  thanks man. took a few days off and catching up on getting the wamp64 site caught up with the live site.  oh and check it out.  i got rid of smf and replaced with phpbb.  like it a lot better under the hood.  now just trying to figure out hoe to wrap it in tng. tried a few things so far but no workie workie.....yet.

12 hours ago, John Paul said:

In T18 admin - Template Settings, in the feature links box, I know you can add as many links you'd like.  What I'd like to know can you make a dropdown menu there?  I'm starting to run out of room for stories and stuff.  I really like t18 and would hate to have to use another template....thanks guys and gals.

Featurelinks are for links. Trying to add HTML code to a featurelink will just result in a 403 error. Your best bet is use the Mod to add another "button" to your login menu bar. From there you can add as many menu items under it, as you wish.

Screenshot from 2022-01-09 13:15:32.png

been there done that.  I got an idea on how I can put as many stories in there as i want.  thanks

8 hours ago, edglimited said:

Featurelinks are for links. Trying to add HTML code to a featurelink will just result in a 403 error. Your best bet is use the Mod to add another "button" to your login menu bar. From there you can add as many menu items under it, as you wish.

Drew, I hear what you say and of course you are right, I have however sent John Paul a Mod I spent a few hours on (learning as one goes) to have a dropdown menu show up in the 'Feature Links Two' area.. I could make it available to you as well..

@John Paul see PM

Template18-test-before.jpg

Template18-test-after-1.jpg

Template18-test-after-2.jpg

Rick thanks man.  i like what i see. i'll scope it out in a few....

15 hours ago, RickM said:

Drew, I hear what you say and of course you are right, I have however sent John Paul a Mod I spent a few hours on (learning as one goes) to have a dropdown menu show up in the 'Feature Links Two' area.. I could make it available to you as well..

@John Paul see PM

Template18-test-before.jpg

Template18-test-after-1.jpg

Template18-test-after-2.jpg

Well done Rick. Beta test the buggar for the next two weeks, across a myriad of your Site pages etc and watch for bugs. If all goes well, then add it as a Mod for general release.

42 minutes ago, edglimited said:

Well done Rick. Beta test the buggar for the next two weeks, across a myriad of your Site pages etc and watch for bugs. If all goes well, then add it as a Mod for general release.

I will let John Paul do that, and it is only specific to Template 18 as best I know. There is too many things that could go wrong, unless I step up and create options to add the links etc to make it a general population mod.. I do want to learn about making options available so may have a play with it for that reason alone!