TNG Community

php call to undefined function each() & create function()

girander

As reflected by the attached pictures I have some PHP-detected errors.

One is seen w/o login here:

https://www.girander.dk/genealogy/browsealbums.php

Another here:
https://www.girander.dk/genealogy/calendar.php

- also shown in the attached snips.

I hope the pattern of errors points in a particular direction.

Possibly a (some) corrupt php file(s)..

TNG albums - undefined constant 'linktype'.JPG

TNG calendar - array and string offset access syntax with curley braces no longer supported.JPG

TNG call to undefined functions each() and create_function().JPG

TNG DNA - contact TNG support.JPG

TNG PHP details.JPG

TNG undefined function create_function().JPG

TNG undefined function each().JPG

Hi @girander,

Have you recently installed or even uninstalled any Mods?? Have you possibly attempted to make changes to any TNG php module (getperson.php or other file)?? I can also see there appears to be a database error, have you attempted to upgrade TNG versions??

Your presumption of corrupt files is quite a fair one, if you could answer the above questions and provide any other info that might help, it would allow for the right solution to be provided..

It appears that you are running TNG 12.0.1 from the footer on your site.  https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/TNG_versions indicates that version is not compatible with PHP 7.4 which is indicated by your webserver screenshot.  So it is likely that your web host upgraded the PHP versions.  Since you have the license for TNG 12, you can upgrade to TNG 12.3 to get to the final version of TNG 12 which should fix many of the warnings and all the fatal errors.  I would do this as the first step to fixing the problems, since the database upgrade may cause more of those database issues and doing that only once makes more sense.

For the illegal mix of collations in the database, you will need to use phpMyAdmin to look at the databases.  Some tables will say that they are utf8_general_ci and some will say that they are utf8_swedish_ci and you want them all to be the same, so whichever one is the majority you will need to change the others to that collation type.

Brent

Hi Rick M,

Thank you for the response.

I have no MOD's at all. Also

I have made no attempt to modify any PHP.

Finally - since sucesfully getting 12.0.1 some years ago - I made no further/recent upgrade attempt.

Hi bhemph,

It seems you spotted the culpit; v12.0.1 is not fit for PHP 7.4.

I need to upgrade to v12.3. Thank you.

Please await further.

Best Regards Erik