John Paul

WP themes

John Paul

Just out of curiosity, which themes do you WP guys use?  Thanks

theKiwi

I'm using Suffusion from GitHub

https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion

Click on the dist folder in the listing, and download version 4.5.7

Suffusion was at one time the most popular theme on WordPress, but the WordPress admins took exception to the way he'd coded some things, and so removed it from the WordPress Repository, so some concerned users took over with it on GitHub to keep it at least working as WordPress advances.

Roger

Charlie

I've been using the Weaver Themes (Weaver Xtreme) for quite some time.  

http://weavertheme.com/weaver-xtreme/

Charlie

klooster
  • AVADA van Theme -Fusion. 
  • It has already won the hearts of over 600,000+ users across the globe. With its immense popularity this item has become #1 selling item of all time on Themeforest.net.
  • It enjoys a 4.8/5-star rating from more than 23,000 reviews!
  • Personally If I could give 100 stars for support and attention to detail I definitely would. I purchased the Avada theme and there were a couple of problems too, but the guys from ThemeFusion were remarkable – I really mean this. The speed of support and attention to detail is quite phenomenal. If you are considering buying this theme at all then take it from me, you will be extremely pleased.

Rob Severijns

John Paul,

If you're not entirely satisfied with the templates TNG is offering and you want a different "look & feel" you could also take a look at Genealogy Web Templates by Marscha Bryant.

She offers many more TNG templates in different themes of which many have animated text and photo's that make your website more interactive.

The TNG templates 19 & 21 are made by her too.

Her templates are fully compatable with TNG and at least to me worth the price.

And if you do run into an issue or have a question you'll find her support is excellent.

It will at least save you the hassle if you're not familiar with WP

(WP being WordPress and not WordPerfect for the older ones among us ;-) )

Rob

PapaTango

Avada here also.

It is on the current site, and is used for the new site that is being developed locally.

John Paul

Thanks for all that info guys.

Anyone else want to chime in on this?

mahesh

I started off with WP 2012 theme, years ago and still use it. !!

fluffy82

I'm using Accelerate Pro by ThemeGrill.

Originally, I was inspired by this website. In the end, using the same theme, my website turned out quite differently than what I expected/planned. But I'm still very happy with it.

John Paul

Thanks fluffy.  just downloaded it.  I'll see what i can do with it.

PapaTango
5 minutes ago, fluffy82 said:

I'm using Accelerate Pro by ThemeGrill.

Originally, I was inspired by this website. In the end, using the same theme, my website turned out quite differently than what I expected/planned. But I'm still very happy with it.

And that is the outcome with many "full function" WP themes.

All too often, publishers become entranced by the appearance of a site and its theme.  Replicating all of the CSS and layout is another matter completely.  Unless one's goal is to do that, there are a myriad of other options--many of which happen somewhere in the dev process as things move forward.  

As an example of how completely different the same theme can be made to appear--compare my site and Dr. K's.  Both Avada.  The only identical element is red #7e1717 I borrowed from his site... 😎

I suggest staying away from proprietary layout platforms such as Elementor, Page Builder, etcetera.  I have used the former for years--and find some sites 'locked in' to this.  All good until something conflicts between the theme (common), a new plugin (common) or an update (really common).  Native WP block editing has come to maturity, and there really is no need for them.  The key is "KISS".

fluffy82
1 hour ago, PapaTango said:

And that is the outcome with many "full function" WP themes.

All too often, publishers become entranced by the appearance of a site and its theme.  Replicating all of the CSS and layout is another matter completely.  Unless one's goal is to do that, there are a myriad of other options--many of which happen somewhere in the dev process as things move forward.  

As an example of how completely different the same theme can be made to appear--compare my site and Dr. K's.  Both Avada.  The only identical element is red #7e1717 I borrowed from his site... 😎

I suggest staying away from proprietary layout platforms such as Elementor, Page Builder, etcetera.  I have used the former for years--and find some sites 'locked in' to this.  All good until something conflicts between the theme (common), a new plugin (common) or an update (really common).  Native WP block editing has come to maturity, and there really is no need for them.  The key is "KISS".

Well, the site that inspired me uses the theme "out of the box" with little or no changes. But my goal was never to make an identical website. All the changes I made, were done on purpose, to make it look different from other websites with the same theme. And I do think I succeeded in making it look quite different.

For the layout platforms: unfortunately I created my website before the WP block builder was launched. It is near impossible to change, without destroying half my website. So I'm just sticking to the plugin, as long as it's updated. I'll find a different solution when needed, but for now I'm happy as it is :)

PapaTango
2 hours ago, fluffy82 said:

Well, the site that inspired me uses the theme "out of the box" with little or no changes. But my goal was never to make an identical website. All the changes I made, were done on purpose, to make it look different from other websites with the same theme. And I do think I succeeded in making it look quite different.

For the layout platforms: unfortunately I created my website before the WP block builder was launched. It is near impossible to change, without destroying half my website. So I'm just sticking to the plugin, as long as it's updated. I'll find a different solution when needed, but for now I'm happy as it is :)

Yup.  That's what happened with my use of Elementor.  Now it's a full rebuild on Laragon to make sure that something like that does not happen again.