TNG Community
Rob Severijns

PDFJS Viewer after TNG 13.1.1 update

Rob Severijns

Hi Brent,

Or anyone else of course.

Any idea what's causing this and how to solve it?

Uninstalled all mods and cleared cache before the update.

Just to be sure I replaced all the pdfjs viewer files but without effect.

Could it have something to do with three new .js files that came with TNG 13.1.1 ?

image.png

Thx in advance,

Rob

klooster

Yes Rob, I posted Mod problems allready also in Installation and Configuration

• Be carefull if you upgrade from TNG V13.1 to TNG 13.1.1, quite a few mods cannot install and need updates, see my printscreen after updating to TNG 13.1.1 on my Local Host.
  • After testing V 13.1.1, I reinstalled TNG V13.1

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-02 om 20.16.29.png

Katryne

Cees, on my test site https://tng-test.revestou.fr/index.php   , the update ran correctly and I met no problem with the re-install of the mods. I haven't tested every thing , but up to now, all went smoothly.

Mods-tng1311.png

Rob Severijns

Hi Cees,

Thanks for the additional info.

Must have missed you post.

Lucky for me I only had one that didn't install so I will stick with TNG 13.1.1 because it solves quite a few translation options in my template.

Will wait and see when Brent updates the PDFJS viewer mod.

Rob

RickM

Rob,

It looks more like the showmedialib.php file has been updated

line 613

Might not be as easy as changing the line in the cfg file.

Cees,

I'm going to say, most of those Mods I can install on TNG v13.1.1.. Perhaps you may need to look at possible clashes and/or loading sequences

Mod Manager Compare has a later version out.

Rob Severijns

Cees,

I noticed that many of the mods that don't install in your MOD Manager do install in mine.

Maybe woth checking for updated mods.

Rob

Rob Severijns
2 minutes ago, RickM said:

It looks more like the showmedialib.php file has been updated

The showmedialib.php has indeed been updated in TNG 13.1.1

RickM

Rob,

I've pmed an updated cfg file with -rm extention that should tide you over till @bhemph gets it sorted..

I can confirm the change made does work online.

Edited by RickM
Confirm the change I made works online

Rob Severijns

Thx Rick,

What would we do without you? 😁

Rob

tngrlkrz

Cees,  it doesn't help you now, but regularly, I run Robin Richmond's Mod_Manager_Compare mod to ensure I have the latest mod versions installed.   Of 80+ mods (many the same which did not install for you), I had no issue with TNG 13.1.1 coming from TNG 13.1, except for one of my published mods, which I updated for 13.1.1.  This was on my clean 'test' sites, local and remote, which have no personally altered mods.

That said, it does seem that you shouldn't have had such an inordinate number that had 'cannot install'.  In fact, I see the Mod Manager Compare mod is one of the mods which wouldn't install, even though only 1 sub version behind.  Have to ask the obvious, that assume you uninstalled all mods before copying in the TNG 13.1.1 files?

RickM

Ron,

Strange you mention Mod Manager Compare.. I have had another bash at installing and using it, however I don't seem to be able to get any output.. I'm sure it is me I want to see All Mods including my Mods.. I also would like to have them show as you do (ex your titilated mod for the mod)..Malkins-Gen_admin_modoptions_php.jpg

theKiwi

I'm another one that simply can't get any output out of Mod Manager Compare - no matter what settings in it I try - @tngrlkrz - I've copied your URL from your profile on the wiki and changed the needed values to point to my site, but still no output occurs. This input screen

image.png

gives this output when I click Go

image.png

which is clearly not true - I have 70 Mods installed, and 47 of them have a Wiki icon on them. I messed around with the Mod Manager Compare a while ago to see if I could figure out how it works and where that ouputted message came from, and changed something - I forget what now - maybe I changed the fget to cURL or vice versa, but it made no difference.

Roger

theKiwi
1 hour ago, klooster said:
  • Be carefull if you upgrade from TNG V13.1 to TNG 13.1.1, quite a few mods cannot install and need updates, see my printscreen after updating to TNG 13.1.1 on my Local Host.
  • After testing V 13.1.1, I reinstalled TNG V13.1

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-02 om 20.16.29.png

Cees - several of those Mods you're showing can't install installed fine on my system...

Ancestor Map
Connections (I have 13.1.06)
Mobile Site Enhancements (I have 13.0.3.9?)
Mod Manager Compare (I have 13.0.0.6 - it doesn't work, but it did install)
Submit Photo/Document

So I wonder if something else is going on - that there are other Mods you have installed that are interfering with the ones that won't install?

Roger

tngrlkrz
6 hours ago, RickM said:

(ex your titilated mod for the mod)..

No titilation🤔,  no modification, right out of the wiki box.  Earlier versions, I modified to get the report I wanted, but Robin's latest versions needed no changes. Running latest published version of Mod Manager Compare v13.0.0.6e4.  Use only few settings directly on MMcompare kickoff form:

image.png 

Which outputs this (shortened).

image.png

For the external links in my signature and wiki profile (here shortened and from my clean test site instead of live site).

https://tng13c.kmtrees.com/rrmodcompare_report.php?sb=filename

image.png

Are you both running the latest version?  The mod has saved me a lot of effort making sure I have the latest wiki versions.

The listings above are for a complete listing.  Normally, though, to find just the mods I need to update, I tick the 'focus on wiki' box.

image.png

Another nice feature,  I can compare my local site to live site instead of to the wiki to make sure all is in sync.  

With this setting, from my localhost, I can compare to my remote site:

image.png

I get this:

image.png

Lastly...I will double check with a binary compare to make sure I don't have some hidden changes from the wiki version that I didn't take note of.

UPDATE: I checked, I have no changes in the mod....using the wiki version as published.  Perhaps the author, Robin Richmond, might have some idea of why it is working for some and not for others.

RickM
3 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

Are you both running the latest version?  Another nice feature,  I can compare my local site to live site instead of to the wiki to make sure all is in sync.  The mod has saved me a lot of effort making sure I have the latest wiki versions.

Thanks Ron, I am running latest versions of both Mod manager Compare and TNG.. And yeah comparing sites would be helpful too! <Smile>.  Hmmmm ..

Something not right.. I'm annoyed (with myself really) I cannot seem to work this one out.. With JUST the default settings this is what I get

ModManagerCompare-1.jpg

tngrlkrz

Rick,  first time in, I assume you set to not read from the cache?  It will not find anything if you don't first force a wiki read to build the cache.

image.png

The mods popup help reads:

Because reading Wiki articles is slow, this program keeps a cache of Wiki data much like your browser does, but with one very important difference: A browser can quickly check the server to see if the page has been updated, and then use the cache if the page has not been updated. But this application cannot quickly check the server to see if the wiki article, or, more importantly, the mod itself, has been updated.

Instead, this cache relies on a expiration time. When you use the middle caching option, the program will grab Wiki data from the cache if that Wiki article's cache is newer than the expiration date. and will read the Wiki article again only if the cache has expired. Unfortunately, that caching technique could cause you to miss recently-updated mods.

To make sure that you have the most up-to-date Wiki data, you can use the first caching option, which ignores the cache and reads all Wiki articles.

On the other hand, if you want to re-run the report without reading the Wiki articles again, use the third option, which reads Wiki articles only if they have never been read on your TNG site.

If you just need to focus on certain mods, you can reduce the load on the Wiki by searching for those mods, and/or eliminating specific mods from the search.

RickM

Thanks Ron,

Really Really weird.. I wonder IF there is a WordPress issue involved, although Cees has had his running so mmmm .. Def a Rick brain fade issue..

I may come back to you maybe PM if that is ok with you.. I'll have a good look and reread instruction manual (Thats a TUI!!)..

theKiwi
1 hour ago, theKiwi said:

Cees - several of those Mods you're showing can't install installed fine on my system...

Ancestor Map
Connections (I have 13.1.06)
Mobile Site Enhancements (I have 13.0.3.9?)
Mod Manager Compare (I have 13.0.0.6 - it doesn't work, but it did install)
Submit Photo/Document

So I wonder if something else is going on - that there are other Mods you have installed that are interfering with the ones that won't install?

Roger

OK - an update here...

I had downloaded the upgrade 13x-13.1.1 as shown on the downloads13 page - but Darrin has just now confirmed to me that there was an error on that page and the downloads for

12x-13.1.1 and 13x-13.1.1

were linked to the  incorrect .zip files, so I actually just redownloaded the 12.x-13.1 and 13.x-13.1 upgrades again.

So now I have to re-upgrade several sites again, and likely might discover as @klooster did that there are some problems.

Darrin has told me, and I've confirmed by downloading again, that THIS IS NOW FIXED.

And anyone else that upgraded using either of those 2 downloads should also do the same - download them again and do the upgrade again.

The download for 13.1 to 13.1.1 was not affected by this, so if that's how you upgraded, then you don't need to do it again.

Roger

RickM
5 minutes ago, theKiwi said:

But it turns out that the incorrect .zip files were linked to those 2 downloads, so you actually just redownloaded the 12.x-13.1 and 13.x-13.1 upgrades again.

Roger,

So you are suggesting that one SHOULD NOT D/Load the upgrades for 'from13.x' OR 'from 12.x' UNTIL you or Darrin confirm the files are correct..

I don't want to be doing updates that regress sites.. Things could get very ugly..

theKiwi
9 minutes ago, RickM said:

Roger,

So you are suggesting that one SHOULD NOT D/Load the upgrades for 'from13.x' OR 'from 12.x' UNTIL you or Darrin confirm the files are correct..

I don't want to be doing updates that regress sites.. Things could get very ugly..

Oh I see I forgot to say that Darrin has told me he's fixed it, and I confirmed with new downloads again. I'll edit my post to clarify that.

Roger

RickM
5 minutes ago, theKiwi said:

Oh I see I forgot to say that Darrin has told me he's fixed it, and I confirmed with new downloads again. I'll edit my post to clarify that.

It might be a good idea to create a NEW POST with this info.. Some folks may not know exactly whats going on in this post.. They may not be using much in the way of Mods so may not realise the error, although I'm sure the version of TNG shown on the Admin page MAY alert some.. Certainly it should go out on the TNG Users2 List..

And Thanks for getting that sorted so quickly.. Hopefully this will sort Cees issues out, I'm sure that will bring a smile to his face.

tngrlkrz
43 minutes ago, theKiwi said:

13x-13.1.1

were linked to the  incorrect .zip files

That might explain Cees issues. I feel lucky since used the 13.1 to 13.1.1 upgrade to update 2 test sites and live site.

bhemph

This version has your Dutch language strings added.  For anyone not using English or Dutch for their admin language, let me know the translations for the following strings:

$admtext['pdfjs_viewer'] = "Enable pdfjs Viewer";
$admtext['mobile_only'] = "Mobile only";

I can then add the correct strings for your dropdown options.

Thanks,
Brent

RickM

@bhemph Brent

Many Thanks for this.. I think I saw something about it previously, but never went further.. I have now installed and its fabulous, have added me to the list of users on the Wiki.

Could you update the Wiki page with a slightly better installation guide.. I have to admit the 'Extract the folder to TNG root.txt' got me for a bit.. But you know me.. 'Simple Simon'