TNG Community

Invalid Date Report Syntax

Paul Barrett

Merry Christmas everyone

I've looked at the Data Analysis mod but it's not what I need because I'm only interested in invalid dates and I think this could be done with a report.  However, I can't see how to get the report generator to do what I want easily - I think an SQL SELECT statement might be needed, and I wondered if someone could tell me what the statement would be, please?

Fields to display

Tree, Person ID, Full Name, Birth Date, Christening Date, Marriage Date, Divorce Date, Death Date, Burial Date

Criteria

Where Birth Date OR Christening Date OR Marriage Date OR Divorce Date OR Death Date OR Burial Date

Contains "<" OR ">" OR "/" OR "\" OR "-" OR "?" OR  "OR" OR "About" OR "After" OR "Before" OR "Between" OR "CA" OR "SAY" OR "Estimated"  (all case insensitive)

Sort Fields

Tree, Last Name, First Name

Regards

Paul

Thanks Rick.  That looks like a good place to start

Although there's a gotcha in that I see that reports defined through the SQL statement field instead of using the guided ones, do not benefit from the Tree selector on the results page.

Bit of context.  This is an FHS site used by currently 120 people but set to rise.  I'm trying to set up some reports they can use to validate their tree after import (we do the import centrally).  So I need be able to allow them to focus in on just their data.  The drop down tree selector is therefore critical.

I came across a deal breaker when using the SQL statement option in the report generator, in that reports generated that way do not have the drop down selector for Tree, which is absolutely essential when I want a member/tree owner to be able to focus on their errors

So, in the end I developed a series of guided reports using the standard report generator.  They do the job