TNG Community

Photo not showing up on home page when I Update Templeate 15

shirley

I haven't updated my TNG site in several months and have forgotten how to do things (I wasn't very tech savvy before but since COVID it is worse).  Is there a manual that tells how to do things on TNG?  I cannot figure out why my picture from "photos" is not showing up when I change a pictureinfo  on Template 15 homepage.  I find it in "Photos" and change the template to the same name but it doesn't come up on the homepage.  Also, since updated to 13.0.3, I have many duplicate pictures in my "Photos".  One has jpg on the end and the other doesn't.  Thank you.  Also, two "Index" photos show up on my photos, is that normal?

Hi Shirley,

My first thought would be to ask if you have cleared your Browsers cache??

Would you provide a link to your site so we can check out the other issues you have, please!!

Shirley,

With regard to the missing photo, I'm guessing it is that of your brother?? One of two things here, it could be the filename is such that the 'Web' doesn't like it, or the file has not been uploaded to the right folder or uploaded at all. Re the first thought, I am not a believer in spaces in filenames. In the good old days that would definitely cause issues as would the use of extra 'full stops/periods'.  instead of 'OLIGNEY James C. About 2007 Lincoln.jpg' I would use 'OLIGNEY_James_C-About_2007_Lincoln.jpg' without the quotes. Some will argue about Underscore and dashes, OK don't use them, but also don't use spaces etc.. Re the second, check via ftp if the file is in the right folder (which I see it is not if I am referring to the right photo) and if not upload it to the right one. From what I see the file should be in the templates/template15/img folder not the 'Photos' Folder.

As for the duplicates etc, these may be thumbnails, however you suggest some have no extension "jpg/gif/png' so may be due to an upload error.. You may want to slowly weed those out.. Save the space etc for good photos etc.

Hope this helps, otherwise do come back to me I'll try and help further.