TNG Community

Family Titles

George W

I would like to make the titles available to family members more broard. I am talking about the Husband, spouse, wife, partner. I need to be able to better assign peopel that  have children together that are not partners or spouses. In simple terms used today Baby Daddy or Baby Mommy. I want to be able to show a childs family line without having teh couple be married or partners. Any ideas? Also wondering about a child with two mothers or fathers. Not sure how that shows up now. If they are partners does one still show as father and mother?

• 2 weeks later...

May be, you can describe relations, other than husband,  spouse, wife, partner, etc   with existing tools

a) with "associations"  as a persons attribute

and/or

b) "marriage type" which describes the relation between parents

and/or 

c)  "father relationsship" and "mother relationship"

It might be more difficult to describe 2 mothers and/or 2 fathers on a genealogy platform like this.

I think genealogy trees are based "per se" on biological ancestors and descendants.

But with the tools described above, you can follow each line of each individual person..

What is the Question behind ?
As a child, I'd like to find my roots along the blood line ==> this would show my genealogical tree (if available)
or
I'd like to be interested in the ancestors of my adoptive parents or step parents ==> this will show their genealogical tree (if available)

It is not necessary to mix it.