TNG Community

Problem in processlogin.php

DickvV

Dear colleagues,

My website works fine. But: I also have a shadow website on my own PC and there is an error in it, in the file: processlogin.php.

By the way, it is exactly the same text as in the site on the Internet. And that's not where the problem arises... It has to do with the time setting. When I wanted to go from daylight saving time to standard time and arranged this under general settings, things went wrong. But then going back to the previous setting doesn't solve the problem.

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Unsupported operand types: string * int in C:\xampp\htdocs\genealogie\processlogin.php:60 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\genealogie\processlogin.php on line 60

Who has an idea what to do?

Greeting

Dick

Sounds like you are running PHP 8 on your XAMPP environment.  If you are not running TNG 13.1, then you should downgrade PHP to 7.4

Thank you Ken, I have TNG 13.1 in use and PHP 7, so it seems that here the problem is not in, but where it can be? I'm a complete layman in the field of programming languages, so I keep myself recommended for further tips...

Dick,

Report your problem to Darrin.  Even though you are on a local computer, he might understand the code change in that area to know what parameter is not set correctly on system that might need to be check for in the code.

Dick,
     It appears that you set the server time offset (hours) to be non-numeric.  That field can only be a number so that math can be done with it.  https://www.timetemperature.com/time-zone-maps/large-world-time-zone-map.shtml is a map with the time zone differences from UTC.  So positive, negative, or decimal, but it must be a number.

Brent

Thank you, Brent. I think that is where the problem lies. I have just overwritten the current login.php with a previous login. Then I can get back to the Settings. Under Setup>>Configuration>>General Settings>> Miscellaneous, I read: Server time offset (hours): Server time is Wed 12:05 pm and site time is Wed 02:05 pm
If I change the time there to the correct current time, the problem arises. Now it is actually quite unimportant whether the time is correct or not, but I still wonder how I can solve the problem if it does not work by changing the time setting under Settings.
But: thank you very much (also to Ken) for solving this problem.

Dick,

are you entering a number in the Server time offset (hours)  looks like in your case that number should be 2 since I have to enter -5 on my localhost to  get local time from UTC time Server time is Wed 12:16 pm and site time is Wed 07:16 am

Hi Ken,

Yes, Ken, I have entered there 2, but on 13.25.36 I read in the showlog.php: Wed 10 Nov 2021 15:25:36 Familienamenlijst (Stamboom: tree1) bezocht door PC-Dick (Gebruiker: Beheerder).

Setting 2 to 0  caused the fatal error: Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Unsupported operand types: string * int in C:\xampp\htdocs\genealogie\processlogin.php:60 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\genealogie\processlogin.php on line 60

Dick,

9 minutes ago, DickvV said:

Setting 2 to 0  caused the fatal error: Fatal error:

Make sure there is nothing after the 0  if your server time is the same

On my Internet hosted web site, Server time offset (hours):  0   Server time is Wed 07:36 am and site time is Wed 07:36 am

Hi Ken (and Brent)
I had not properly understood the indication of the time. By placing the "2" I did not overlift the difference in time but caused it. Now that I have placed a "0" in the relevant section, everything is fine. But: earlier placing "0" caused the fatal error😲
Thank you very much!

Regards,

Dick