TNG Community

How to upgrade db to 13.1

Jan Bos

I need some information:

I downloaded the update to vs 13.1 for testing on my offline site. I installed my site on the server with Laragon and PHP 7.4.15 after the files were updated to de directory of my site I ran the button with the upgrade db but I think he did not update the db. structure. But after a long time I got the message:

The connection was reinitialized

The connection to the server was reinitialized while the page was loading.

Maybe the website is temporarily unavailable or overloaded. Try again in a few moments.
    If you cannot load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure Firefox can access the web.

What can I do to get a correct update?

Are you running the upgrade readme as http://localhost ... or was it opened as a file by right clicking on it.

If you opened the readme... as a file,  then open it in your browser and try the upgrade step again

Jan,

Report the problem directly to Darrin.   I was able to run the database upgrade on my test system.

Jan,

Are you running Windows 10?  I ask because Microsoft implemented a Software Protection Platform Service I am wondering if they are interfering with the WampServer.

I am experiencing problems with Mod Manager deleting multiple mods but I cannot prove that is what is causing the problem.

Jan,

I do not know what is causing the issue but I started having problems with making changes for software provided by others on the platform since the 21H1 upgrade.   I am still trying to upgrade TNG to 13.1 on my WampServer.  I do know that I can no longer open MS Excel spreadsheets without turning off the real time scan in McAfee, so may be they are interfering as well.

Sorry, I do not know the cause of your problem.

Michel KIRSCH
On 11/4/2021 at 9:24 AM, Jan Bos said:

I reported it to Darrin but he couldn't help while the testsite is offline

Jan, if you use laragon, you can open an ngrok tunnel to allow Darrin to see your local server..

Michel

Michel,

It would be nice if those of you who use Laragon documented some of the following items:

• How to migrate from WampServer to Laragon
  • How to install it and use multiple TNG versions in Laragon
  • How to use multiple PHP versions with Laragon
  • What is an ngrok tunnel and how you can allow others access to your local home computer for debugging purposes

I would consider moving my WampServer environment, but do not have the time to research all the above, especially since my WampServer TNG 13.1 environment does not behave like my internet sandbox.  I do not know whether Microsoft changed something recently in Windows Pro 21H1 with their Software Protection Platform Service or whether it is McAfee Real-Time scanner is interfering but capabilities that work on my TNG 13.1 internet capability sandbox do not work in my WampServer environment.

Michel,

I found the following comparison showing the Pros and Cons of Laragon

If Laragon does not support phpMyAdmin, it is not a good replacement for WampServer, so I will not look at it any time soon.  Too many other things to take care of first.

My version of Laragon supports phpMyAdmin.

And I installed MAMP but that is not complate and I get several messages that the installation of PHP is not complate.

So I think not one of the servers is perfect and has its pros and cons.

But it's a shame that I still can't use my test site.

Jan

Jan,

I have been fighting issues with my localhost web site server on Windows 10 Pro 21H1 running McAfee.  I think both Microsoft in their Software Protection Platform Service and McAfee in their Real-Time scanning have implemented changes recently to stop hackers from modifying the Windows environment.

Brent Hemphill provided the following tip

I'm not quite sure what you need to look at, but McAfee is likely a major part of the issue.  I assume it is like Norton, where it tries protecting files from being changed/added/deleted in a Data Protector module.  For my Norton Data Protector, I had to add Apache's httpd in order to get it to stop trying to prevent it from doing operations with Mod Manager at one point.  Also the WAMP server installer will get blocked from updating icons on upgrades at times.  So now on upgrade installs, I just remember to disable Norton for 15 minutes do the install restart WAMP and re-enable Norton.  I think telling Norton to ignore httpd has worked, since I haven't had a problem with it executing the PHP items and putting all kinds of blocks in the logs.

I have added httpd.exe to the real-time file list.  I am still trying to straighten out my WampServer environment since it is still not behaving like my internet sandbox that I beta tested TNG 13.1 on.

Michel KIRSCH
1 hour ago, Ken Roy said:

If Laragon does not support phpMyAdmin

Laragon supports well phpMyAdmin, without problems. It's the default's db Admin program

The installation process is very simple : follow this tuto https://laragon.org/docs/install.html You can install it on c:\ but on D or on USB key too.

Once installed, just let laragon point to your actual local www document root :

. laragon - change document root.JPG

To change PHP (or mySQL or Apache, let laragon do the job via the menus :

laragon - update programs.JPG

Once PHP 7 and PHP 8 are installed, toggle between the two by a simple click :

Laragon - Change PHP version.JPG

To let users see your local site, install ngrok if it is not done (with newer versions you have to create an account by ngrok). Choose whitch local site you want to share :

laragon - ngrok a local site.JPG

A "tunnel" connection is made by ngrok, with a special http address. The tunnel stay open for 2 hours and you can stop it when you want. Maybe (repeat : maybe) there may be a problem with communications between US and Europa (never tested)

Michel

PS : Note for the future : if phpMyAdmin's update doesn't download tge designed file, download manually the file and gives laragon the path to the downloaded file by editing the
/laragon/usr/packages.conf file example : *phpmyadmin=D:\Downloads\phpMyAdmin-5.1.1-english.zip

Michel,

I am going to start a new topic since this topic has changed from original problem opened by Jan on his local server not working.  I still think you and others using Laragon should document in the TNG Wiki in the Home Computer category

Jan,

Sorry you topic was hijacked.  You indicated you were running Windows 10 and later you indicated that you were running Laragon.  What are you running for Anti-virus or firewall?  Any you running any other software that might try to protect you from other software modifying your environment?

Michel,

1 minute ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

As long as you have not given the complete list of errors produced by the Mod, NOBODY can help you!

Jan indicate he could not run the dbupdate.  None of his problem is related to a mod.  I think you are confusing 2 different problem threads.

Michel KIRSCH

Yes You're right !

I'm tired. Sorry for inconvenineces.

Jan disregard my previous post !

Michel

(going to bed...)

@Jan Bos
     It looks like Darrin has updated the readme in the update package, so maybe there is something that changed to help with your issue?  Otherwise if the same issue with connection went away, the answer to what went wrong for the server to stop responding will be in Apache, MySQL, or PHP error logs.  You may have to turn on your MySQL query logs to see what queries it is running, so you can see the one that does not complete.  Then you can run that one in PHPmyAdmin and see the error message that is returned from running the command.

Brent