TNG Community
Jan Bos

Colors TNG don't have the the colors of Wordpress

Jan Bos

Hello,

I'm testing (Off-line) TNG version 13.0.3 in Wordpress.  I used the "Kloosterman-method" and it works good. Only in TNG are the orginal colors (dark-blue) in the pages that were generated in TNG (the tabs and the in that page stay dark-blue and don't have the basic color(s) of the theme  that I installed in Wordpress (Simple Life). What can I do to change this?

Jan Bos,

Excuses for the language I'm not English and in school it was for me very difficult to learn it. In school I got an 4 in the yearly report. But now I do my best.

Rob Severijns

Jan,

I can't help you with your question but I would like to comment on your last remark.

Like you I'm a non-native speaker and your English is just fine.

Anyone reading your question is surely aware of what you're asking so there is absolutely no reason for you to appoligize.

I can imagine that for non-native speakers it can be quite a step posting a question in English.

Well you did just that so give yourself some credit.

Not posting a question is the easy way out and you did the opposit !

Keep doing that !

Kind regards,

Rob

Ken Roy

Jan and others,

The Deepl translator offers better translations than Google does. 

As to running TNG without a template in WordPress (WP), you have to customize the CSS definitions for what you want. Note that I do not use WP.

Maybe instead of stating the Topic as TNG not having the WP colors, you should ask for help on how to customize the TNG CSS definitions in the css/mytngstyle.css to match WP specific themes

Laz

If you are wishing to match colours can I suggest you download a colour picker program. They have a cursor feature and you just hover the cursor over the colour you like and it will show you the colour code in hex that is needed for the CSS statements.

https://windowsreport.com/color-picker-software-windows-10/

I just checked my Firefox browser and there is one built in, accessible from the menu - More Tools/Eyedropper.

A similar tool may be available in other browsers.

theKiwi

Fundamentally what you have to do is load a page in your browser, and then identify the elements that you want to change their colour, and then you edit the file mytngstyle.css that is in the css folder in your site's TNG folder to change that element's colour to what you want it to be.

You can see my site's mytngstyle.css file for a site running the TNG-WordPress-plugin here to give you an idea of what elements I've changed to get TNG to match my chosen WordPress theme

http://lisaandroger.com/tng/css/mytngstyle.css

Not everything in there is to do with getting TNG to match WordPress, but hopefully you can decipher what's needed.

Here's a page on my site so you can see how TNG has been matched to WordPress

http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I16&tree=Roger

Roger

Jan Bos

Thanks, for all your answers. But this is for me too difficult. I can do something with HTML but not with CSS.

Jan

RickM

@Jan Bos,

There are folks like me that are willing to help.. CSS is not that difficult, trust me I am not that clever..

The difficulty is your setup is local and no-one can see exactly what you want to achieve.

If I can be of help I am happy to try..

Rick M

Jan Bos

Rick M.,

Thanks for your reply.

I saw your site and think it's very beuatifull. But I think I cannot create so an nice site. Congratulations.

But in the footer of your site I saw this: Powered by Blood, Sweat & Tears

Jan

RickM
On 10/7/2021 at 11:09 PM, Jan Bos said:

Rick M.,

Thanks for your reply.

I saw your site and think it's very beuatifull. But I think I cannot create so an nice site. Congratulations.

But in the footer of your site I saw this: Powered by Blood, Sweat & Tears

Jan

@Jan Bos

I believe you can do it. What we need to do is start somewhere.. Do you have a site on the web??? Would you consider doing so, if not?

All we need to do is work together and you can do probably better than I have..

Rick M