TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
rakelbara

What are the must-have WP settings for the TNG plugin to work?

rakelbara

I am trying to get the TNG plugin to work so I have created a completely fresh wp installation in a subfolder off the root, called "wordpress". I have not made any changes to the .htaccess and I have not copied the .htcaccess files into the root.

I have installed a new theme, Astra, and created a page (Genealogy) without any sidebars.

I have installed the TNG plugin as described in the guide, located the TNG installation, chosen the page where TNG should be displayed and saved. I have updated the variables. 

And all I get is an empty page where TNG should be. Not even an error. Just the page header (Genealogy) and nothing else.  

I don't know how the TNG-plugin works, so I don't quite know what I should be looking for. What are the points the plugin looks for in order to work correctly?

Best regards

Rakel

theKiwi

Did you change the permalinks setting?

Did you do the changes so that index.php sits outside the wp and tng folders?

What is the URL to your site?

What is the URL to the TNG pages directly?

Roger

rakelbara

Hi Roger

To answer your questions:

• Did you change the permalinks setting? 
    • No I didn't have to, they were set to "Day and name"
  • Did you do the changes so that index.php sits outside the wp and tng folders?
    • No I skipped that part. The reason is, I have a fully working site there (in the root) and I don't want to mess that up. I was HOPING that I could get this fresh install of WP to work, and then switch over to that site as the "official site"  And then I would go ahead with the changes in index.php and .htaccess.
  • What is the URL to your site?
    • The URL to the WP site is www.legstadaleit.com/wordpress/
  • What is the URL to the TNG pages directly?
    • The URL to the TNG pages directly www.legstadaleit.com/tng

The current website on my domain (the "official" site) is www.legstadaleit.com which then via .htacceess gets redirected to www.legstadaleit.com/wp where the current WP installation is. I tried installing the TNG plugin there but my site crashed, so now I am trying to get it to work first at a test wp that works with the same TNG installation as my current site. (Sorry this sounds so confusing).  
I am currently running my official site (as you can see at www.legstadaleit.com/wp/gagnagrunnur) TNG inside an iframe (plugin), but apprently Google cannot index it, so I need to find another solution.

Best regards
Rakel

rakelbara

Hello again

Just checked, my test WP installation that only has the TNG plugin active has crashed. I suspect it is the same issue that I had on my main site.

Best regards
Rakel