TNG Community

Any Known Issues w/the Mod Manager under 13.0.4?

Bill Herndon

Bill Herndon

We'll, I'm stumped.  I moved a bunch of newly updated mods (my own) to a new TNG 13.0.4 test environment and got the errors depicted in the screenshot (attached).

The mods are in place with .cfg files right where they should be.The only thing I can think of is a change to the expected fields or to the expected syntax for .cfg files?   Could it be an issue with line endings?  Regardless the mods where scanned and information loaded into this table under TNG 13.0 just fine.  (...but when I moved the same code over to TNG 13.0.4...this happens.

Any ideas because I've run out?

Thanks,
Bill Herndon

Lindell-Herndon Genealogy

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.52.47 PM.png

Bill,

I've seen users post this happening when an FTP goes awry.  File contents got corrupted in copy or are missing entirely.  Or when the permissions are wrong, so mod manager cannot read the files.  Those are the only ideas I have.  I would guess you have checked permissions and tried deleting and re-uploading the files though.

Brent

Bill Herndon

Brent,

This is TNG running in a local 13.0.4 test environment on my MacBook.  So...the mods were updated in a 13.0 test environment, checked into source code control, then checked out into 13.0.4.  Diff (macOS is more or less Unix) shows that the files are identical in both environments and have identical file permissions.  I've deleted the mod files and re-deployed them from source into the mods folder without success.

Puzzling... I suppose I'll try copying in clean mod-manager PHP files from 13.0.4 source.

Thanks,

Bill Herndon

Bill,

I have seen this behavior with some of Bart Degryse's mods that would update the mod .cfg file when TNG configuration files were updated when the mod cfg file version did not match the mod version.  The Person Map mod contains code in the mod to update the mod cfg file if the user updates the Admin > Setup > Map Settings after installing the mod to change any of the options controlled by the mod. 

If I update the mod cfg file to a new version and forget to update the section of the mod cfg file to reflect the new mod version number (line 305 in the current person_map_v13.0.1.10.cfg file.  For example, if I update the mod to v13.0.4.11 and do not update line 305 then the mod cfg file gets corrupted by the code that rewrites the mod cfg file and it shows up in the Mod Manager screen like you show in your screen capture. 

So if your template mods do anything similar to hooking the template config files you might be seeing a similar behavior.

Bill Herndon

Hey Ken...thanks for the insight on this.  I was looking in the TNG Wiki for information that might describe any new rules for names/versions, but I didn't find anything.  (Admittedly, I was skimming so I might have missed the relevant discussion.)

Anyway, a questions come up:

• Is it the version number in the .cfg filename that the Mod Manager attempts to match to the %version tag in the mod's .cfg file?  (I'd always thought of the %version tag as defining the mod's version, rather than something else.)

I don't do any dynamic rewriting of version numbers, although I do keep a variable in a PHP settings file that contains the most recent version number.  I only use that for display purposes.

k/r

Bill Herndon

Bill,

Without your mod cfg files, I can only venture a guess.  The situation I refer too relates to the mod making a change to the admin_updatemapconfig.php, if the

$pm_filename = 'person_map_v13.0.1.10.cfg';

does not match the mod cfg file name, the Mod Manager returns results like you show.

Maybe you are not updating your mod cfg file if the users updates the template configuration.   Can you send me one of your mods to my web site email address and I will look at it.

Bill Herndon

Ken,

Actually it wasn't a single mod, but any mod that I installed that test environment.  I'm not exactly sure what got corrupted because the filenames (and their version numbers) match the configuration file %version tags exactly, and the Mod source code is identical to working code in a TNG 13.0 test environment.

Anyway, I solved the problem by dumping that 13.0.4 installation and creating a new one.  So...for the moment, I'm back in business. 

Thanks for the offer to insert a Mod into your environment.  I'll let you know if the problem resurfaces.

k/r

Bill Herndon