TNG Community
jhculbert

Open Street Maps Not Recognizing Place Names - RESOLVED

jhculbert

Now that I have begun to use Open Street Maps, I have noticed that it doesn't like arbitrary (unrecognized) place names that I used to have mapped in TNG using Google Maps.

For example, I have "Maple Ridge, New Brunswick, Canada," which works fine in OSM, but it no longer likes "Prob. Maple Ridge, New Brunswick, Canada."

In TNG I used to be able to edit these arbitrary places by telling TNG that "Prob. Maple Ridge, New Brunswick, Canada" is "Maple Ridge, New Brunswick, Canada" in the place window on the Edit Existing Place page. I then use the geocode for that real place, and it maps.  But now, I cannot use (nor even edit!) the "Prob. Maple Ridge, New Brunswick, Canada" place name and save it as I did before, as TNG just reverts to no lat., long. or place level.

The following two screenshots show what is happening.  The first is just before I save the edit:

1.png

The second is what shows in my place list after the save;

2.png

Is there a solution so that I can have my numerous arbitrary place names mapped in OSM??

TIA.

Jim

Edited by jhculbert
Resolved

Michel KIRSCH

Yes Jim,

if your place name is "Prob. Maple Ridge, New Brunswick, Canada"  , don't change it in "Maple Ridge, New Brunswick, Canada" !

Michel

Jim01.JPG

jim02.JPG

jhculbert

Excellent, Michel!  

Many thanks!

Jim

Edited by jhculbert
Resolved

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.