TNG Community

Show Coat of Arms

harrieklomp

harrieklomp

Hi all,

Last week i found out that family on mothers site had a Coat of Arms in the past.

Is it possible to add this on a page like for example a person photo on the left uppercorner?

I did not find something in the mod section about this.

Rob Severijns

Harrie,

Depending on the template you're using you can change the hompage via Setup >> Configuration >> Template Settings.

In the Template Settings you can choose the picture, in your case the coat of arrms, you want displayed.

Displaying the coat of arms on an individuals page? Go to Admin>>Media >>choose the media file of the coat of arms and  choose Edit Existing Media.

In the section Media Links you add every person you want displayed with the coat of arms and check the box default photo.

Rob

Newfloridian

Hi Harrie

It's always worthwhile reading an article about "Family Coats of Arms" and displaying them written some years back by Dick Eastman:

Pssst! Want to Buy Your Family’s Coat of Arms?

I have my own personal Coat of Arms (granted by the College of Arms in London) and it is displayed - along with the story of its genesis - on my own website. You are more than welcome to have a look:

No such thing as a Craxford family Coat of Arms!

Kind regards

Alan

harrieklomp
12 hours ago, Rob Severijns said:

Harrie,

Depending on the template you're using you can change the hompage via Setup >> Configuration >> Template Settings.

In the Template Settings you can choose the picture, in your case the coat of arrms, you want displayed.

Displaying the coat of arms on an individuals page? Go to Admin>>Media >>choose the media file of the coat of arms and  choose Edit Existing Media.

In the section Media Links you add every person you want displayed with the coat of arms and check the box default photo.

Rob

Rob,

It was my intention to add this to individual pages and prefer to add this on the right side of the name because on the left side we have a person photo.

Perhaps it is better to understand when i add a screenshot where i have edit the layout.

Selectie_116.jpg

Greetings,
Harrie

Rob Severijns

Hello Harrie,

Ah I see what you mean.

For this the underlying code needs to be altered.

I'm not able to do that but others will be.

Hope someone can help you with this.

Rob

I would offer the following caution - This is not a modification that will be easily made.  There are already too many mods that change that part of the TNG code and cause conflicts.

Besides my understanding is that a Coat of Arms was assigned to an individual and not a family.  You would be better off creating a user page like Alan recommended earlier