TNG Community

Pictures of living people being shown

Paul McKnight

Paul McKnight

I was always under the impression that TNG withheld information of living people. That appears not to be the case. Yesterday I was showing a Genealogy Society TNG 13.0.4. The question was "do you withhold information on living people?" Yes was my response and went to my profile, I was not logged in, and much to my amazement there was information there that I expected not to see. There was no profile picture or birth dates as I expected. Further down in Photos was a group picture of all 7 living direct family cousins. I clicked on the picture and the tag names showed for all. I then clicked on each tag. Out of the seven, two showed the profile picture, the rest did not. All withheld birth information. What's up with that? I was expecting not even to see the picture of all 7 of as we are all living. I checked to make sure living was checked for each person and it is. 

Paul McKnight

Thanks for your input but none of the 2  individuals are "users" . I have checked and rechecked settings. They are both unselected in "open in new window" . What am I missing??

Rob Severijns

Paul,

Could it be that when you switched as a non-user your browser cache or browser history made you show the pages?

Does your website require a login?

Providing the URL to your website might give us a clue.

You can do this in a PM if you don't want to expose any more data before the problem is solved.

Rob

7 hours ago, Paul McKnight said:

Thanks for your input but none of the 2  individuals are "users" . I have checked and rechecked settings. They are both unselected in "open in new window" . What am I missing??

You may have done this already but the media must be tagged to  a living person for your setting to take effect.

Paul McKnight

Thanks everyone. I found it. If the individual is living, the media attached to this person "always viewable" must be unchecked. Looks like I have a bit of cleanup to do. Thanks for your quick responses. Cheers from steamy Florida.

Paul,

The same would apply to pictures linked to Private inidivuals, so it might be best to leave that box unchecked.