TNG Community

TNG on web will not allow login or registration

Joe123

HELP!  Thank you for your time reading this. For about a year I have been running my WAMP system without problem. I decided to upgrade my PC server and start everything clean from scratch. Everything went fine reinstalled tested on localhost to check everything was fine before properly building the site.

When using online everything displays correctly but it will not allow login or user registration. What have I messed up with the install of either wamp or TNG? I have been trying to solve it myself for about 10 days getting nowhere fast. Suggestions please.....

Chris Lloyd

For a start you will need to give us the url to see what happens when we try to register.

What are your settings for access in setup?

image.png

Joe,

Please delete your post that contains your login credentials and you may also need to update them.

One should never post login credentials on public forums

1 hour ago, Ken Roy said:

Joe,

Please delete your post that contains your login credentials and you may also need to update them.

One should never post login credentials on public forums

Thank you - the server has no information other than the tree. I have deleted password and user.

Joe,

I am confused now.  Are you trying to host your own site?  If not, why do you need DDNS.net?  Normally, you use http://localhost on WampServer. 

Yes Ken. I host the site as I have almost 7,500 people in the tree that are all connected to the Corsham (Wiltshire) area. Many ask for details of their ancestors.

You may need to provide more details on what your PC operating system and server environment.   Are you on a Windows 10 64-bit system?  You mentioned Wamp but is that WampServer or some other server?  What version?   Is your server a Network Attached Server (NAS) and if so which one.  (Note that I know nothing about configure NAS servers)

What did you change when you

On 7/27/2021 at 3:26 PM, Joe123 said:

I decided to upgrade my PC server and start everything clean from scratch.

Debugging from screen captures is not easy. 

Windows 10 64 bit - WampServer64 (3.2.3.3) - Spare PC on network - accessible fine by mytree.ddns.net but can't login either as a user or admin. (Nor register - it says you can but nothing is recorded or saved)

Everything it absolutely fine  if I type localhost on the wamp pc.

guest level access    user - Guest         password - guest1234

Server will be online 9pm to midnight (UK time) for the next few days.

Joe,

I sent you a PM with the details but I am not able to access the URL your initially posted

Best regards in getting this working.  Sorry, I am still dealing with vision issues, so I cannot help more.  Maybe someone else who does their own hosting can jump in.

My thanks for your time and effort Ken.

I clicked on the link in your PM and connected straight away????

Everything on the network/PC works fine and reports etc. run on TNG when connected online. Just can't change or edit/login etc unless on localhost?

Perhaps someone else will pass by and throw some light on what is going on. Wish I newer reinstalled everything now.

I will be leaving the server PC on 24/7 for the next week in case anyone can throw light on the problem.

You will find reports etc run but no login is possible?

It pretends to let you register but nothing happens.

Site will show as unsafe as not yet purchased certificate.

mytree.ddns.net        user = Guest - Password = guest   (No privileges but you will not be able to login and that is the problem)

Nothing is built yet as I am starting from scratch again.

The annoying thing is the old set up worked perfectly without error for many months - what have I got wrong? Suggestions please.

Joe

Joe,

I do not know the answer to your problem, but I am unable to access your site.

SeaMoney returns

Failed to Connect

The connection was refused when attempting to contact mytree.ddns.net.

and Google Chrome returns

Your Internet access is blocked

of course that might be the result of previous attempts to access your server when I sent you a PM that McAfee had blocked it a suspicious activity.

Do you have a registered domain name? You of course can access your server because it is on you network.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found the error I had made to cause this problem! There are 8 prerequisite files to the installation of WAMP. I did not check I had all of them my files install folder. I only had SEVEN of them. What an idiot never noticed after weeks of completely cleaning down and reinstalling trying to get it to work. I have to say Darrin was brilliant with fast responses of possible fixes. Eventually I found it by accident and all is fine now without the weird errors.

Thanks for letting up know that you solved your problem.   Please do not highlight the text in posts.  It is more difficult to read by those of us you are color-blind (visually impaired)

Note that if you are using WampServer, the French site https://wampserver.aviatechno.net/ for the download, it offers a Tools section at the bottom of the page that provides a tool to check that you have all the correct VisualC++ packages.  It is very easy to overlook what is required