TNG Community
javo

submit_photo.php

javo

I hope I am not duplicating a question here but I did not get a respond on the other thread regarding the topic.  

I am using the latest mod upgrade provided for submitphoto 13.02 on my TNG ver .13.01 installation.  The error before was kindly fixed up with a path $mail = new PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer($options);  in tngmaillib.php. I checked and my setup is good.  The "suggest" function works good.

Does the error below tells me the mod is looking for a submit_photo.php.

After installing the submit photo tab and submit photo/document mod I still got the error Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer' not found in /home/domains/public_html/genealogie/submit_photo.php:147 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home/domains/public_html/genealogie/submit_photo.php on line 147

Not sure if I am missing something obvious here?

Many thanks for any help.

Rob Severijns

Javo,

Have you tried to uninstall the mod and re-install it.

Rob

javo

I have tried that to no avail. It is strange that that the submit button is completely black but I think that has to do with the template.  I tried to install the submit photo TAB before the submit photo/doc mod and after to see if that can be a problem.

The behaviour is the same.

Where is the submit_photo.php file located?

theKiwi

If the Mod is installed correctly submit_photo.php is a file in the top level alongside all your other TNG files.

Roger

javo

Thanks you very much.  Got it and saw the problem.  It says in line 147

$mail = new PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer($options); //tng13 required change

I noticed somewhere this forum it should change tngmailib.php should change to $mail = new PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer($options); 

but it does not say what to change submit_photo.php file to or if it should stay the same.

If you submit a photo at vorster.net/genealogie/index.php. you will notice the error.  

bhemph

Javo,
    The problem appears to be that you are using the mod for TNG 13.0.2+ but you are running TNG 13.0.1.  So you need to uninstall that version of the mod and download and install v10.1.0.1 of the mod, which works on TNG 10.1.0 - TNG 13.0.1.  The other option is to uninstall all mods and upgrade to TNG 13.0.4 and reinstall your mods with the latest versions.

Brent

javo

Thanks Brent,  Using TNG 10.1.0 eliminated the errors and provide the message has been sent but no message arrives at the e mail.

I think the best is to upgrade to the latest TNG 13 available.  However it makes me nervous as Darrin upgraded my current TNG from ver 9 to 13.01 and we had a few problems.

Maybe upgrading from 13.01 to 13.04 will be easier.

bhemph

Make sure that the email address for your tree and site are both as expected.  There could be a mail setting that is not quite right, but it is hard to tell what there might not match what your host or email provider requires to be the settings.

The jump from 9 to 13 was pretty big with lots of major changes in there.  There are a lot of files that have been changed in TNG 13 versions, but there are less substantial changes.  The template changes are probably the most involved in the upgrade from 13.0.1 to 13.0.4, depending on the amount of customization you have.  The main thing is make sure to get a good backup of the database and files before doing the upgrade so that if anything does go wrong you have the backup that you can restore and be back to how things were before you started the upgrade.  Read through the steps before starting and make sure to have plenty of time so you don't rush anything and not doing it when distracted or not able to concentrate on what you are doing, things you would do with anything when you don't want to make mistakes.

Brent

javo

Hi Brent,  Thanks for the info and I upgraded as you suggest.  I upgraded to ver 13.04 to no avail but will keep working  on it.  One thing is for sure the templates upgrades is a mess.  I kept my template 19 very standerd however links are all over the place now.  Will also have to spend extra time on this.

Thanks,