TNG Community
Paul Barrett

Vertical ancestor charts styling

Paul Barrett

You know that feeling in the back of your neck when you're trying to thread a needle for the umpteenth time and it just won't go?!

Well that's where I am right now after spending the last hour trying to find the CSS classes for the box outline and lines on the vertical ancestors chart, which appear to be separately styled from the horizontal charts

Snag_3021a7.png

Please could someone spare my sanity?  I assume all the vertical and dogleg lines have a shared set of classes?

TIA

Ken Roy

Paul,

The first place you should look is in the Admin > Setup > Chart Settings for the parameters that control the chart formatting.  The Help should provide the necessary help screen that documents the parameters. 

Line width and border width in the Common Elements section might be what you need to change.  I am not sure since I leave those two parameters as provided by TNG

Paul Barrett

Thanks Ken

vertical.css is the answer.  It doesn't use (m)any of the common elements.  Darrin says it was contributed by someone else who styled it independently 

cfj

I have customized my vertical chart.

Maybe not what you are looking for!!!

A5B71C8D-F2E1-49FB-B2F2-CAFA30463DFC.jpeg

Paul Barrett

Once I knew it was vertical.css that held the styling I was able to finish the job.  I prefer the lines and borders to be more subdued so the data is more prominent.  This is prpbably a a marmite thing

image.png