TNG Community
Paul Barrett

Email log

Paul Barrett

I've looked but can't find an email log file.

Contact Us messages are reported as being sent but are not arriving.  Clearly there are many things that can block an email on it's journey but knowing that the SMTP service actually sent the mail would be a good place to start.

Any suggestions please folk?

Chris Lloyd

Again a cPanel area - or using FTP look in the root of the server for the logs.

bhemph

Paul,
     Despite what Chris said, this is not quite that straightforward.  So by default debug audit/log is turned off, since it displays to the browser.  I am assuming that you have Use SMTP authentication set to Yes and are wanting to see what is going wrong in the connection.  You will need to edit tngmaillib.php and insert

$mail->SMTPDebug = 4;

after line 20.  I tested by inserting it as the next line.  Then you will need to send a test contact us message and see what the error is to work on resolving the connection issue.  After you have that working, I would also test the suggest message just to make sure that you have both working as you would expect.  Then you will need to go and remove the debug line that was added to tngmaillib.php to return the send mail to normal public function.

Brent

Paul Barrett

Thank you both.

As it happens, events in the last 24 hours have rendered the issue moot.

We'd already decided to disable the suggest function and yesterday we decided that we wanted Contact Us to be diverted to our main website where we can configure the contact form just the way we want it and track and trace submissions