TNG Community

Possible to show Default Image thumb in Public person list?

SarahBeth

Michel KIRSCH

Sorry for the inconvenience. Working too hurry !

The link is OK now

Michel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michel KIRSCH

• tngrlkrz

• Ken Roy

• klooster

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Michel,

Just minor cosmetic touchup: the wiki link is still missing a name, and the cfg file name has an uppercase letter. Perhaps correct on next version.

image.png

Michel KIRSCH
8 hours ago, SarahBeth said:

Fabulous addition.

Believe me : it was really easy to do.

Michel

Jan Bastiaanssen

Michel,

a very nice mod.

How can i activate the choices, or am i missing something here.

Jan

Screenshot_1.jpg

Michel KIRSCH

Hello Jan,

what choices are you talking about?

There are no options in the Mod.

Do you load the version 1a on the wiki?

Michel

Jan Bastiaanssen

Michel,

i loaded version 1a

what are these selectable items then doing there ? I don't get the point of this.

Jan

Screenshot_1.jpg

You likely have Scott's Expand Search mod installed. That's where those options come from. 🙂

Jan Bastiaanssen

Ron and Michel,

Both mods the same time seems indeed the problem.

So i have to make a choice.

Thanks for your help.

Jan

Michel KIRSCH

Jan,

I use both mods without problems.

Michel

5 hours ago, Jan Bastiaanssen said:

Both mods the same time seems indeed the problem.

Could you confirm or explain the problem?  It sounds as if the expand search checkboxes aren't working for you when you check them? They are merely filters on the existing page(s) of the current search.  Like Michel, I use both mods and both perform as they should together.  

Michel - I'm seeing something odd on my site where I installed this last night

http://lisaandroger.com/tng/search.php?mylastname=Moffat&lnqualify=&mybool=AND&nr=50&showspouse=&showdeath=&offset=0&tree=&tngpage=1

The small thumbs are working as I'd expect, and showing the default photo for a person where I've set it up using the tree.ID.jpg format that TNG has supported for many many years.

But also on the page in that column are some empty boxes that lead to admin_ordermedia.php. These boxes appear in the instance where a person has one or more media items linked to them, but none have been set at the default photo for a person.

If I set the image as Default photo for a person, then it shows the photo instead of the small black box.

Any ideas what might be happening here?

Thanks

Roger

I can confirm Roger's findings.  I didn't see it before because I import all data, and the first media imported for an individual is always made the default photo, so anyone linked to media always has a default photo.  But when I unchecked 'default photo' in admin:media for an individual,  the empty box resulted.

image.png

Rob Severijns

Hi Roger, Ron,

Mine is looking exactly the same way and I reached the same conclusion.

I think that not having that box, will no longer make it clear whether there is a media file to choose from.

So to me it looks like it comes in handy for maintenance purposeses. 

image.png

Rob

An FYI: you can quickly tell on search results if there is media for an individual with the Expand_Search mod. There is a column to indicate if media exists for a person.  The nn:nn is to indicate media assigned to individual of total (including family).

image.png

The empty box appears when there is a photo, but the photo has not been activated as a default  photo. When you are logged in, click on the empty box, choose the photo as default, the photo will show and the empty box is gone.

Of course if you are nog logged in, the empty box wil redirect you to the login page.

12 minutes ago, klooster said:

The empty box appears when there is a photo, but the photo has not been activated as a default  photo. When you are logged in, click on the empty box, choose the photo as default, the photo will show and the empty box is gone.

But I don't want the photo that's linked to be the Default Photo - if I did I would have already done that - in some cases the photo is a photo of a place the person lived, so it's linked to them, but would never be the default photo.

The black box should disappear and show nothing in such a case.

Roger

I think the black box only appears if there is only one photo and it is not default. If you have more photos attached to a person, choose another photo and there will be no black box

Something must have changed from when I first looked at this mod since it correctly supported users who were still using the old style default photos as treeID.personID.jpg

Since i am in the middle of rebuilding my WampServer test environment, I will have to find the mod I used in my original test.  Since I just had cataract surgery two days ago, I am not spending as much time on the computer

Jan Bastiaanssen

Did anyone of you ever ticked the checkboxes and seen any difference in de results ?

1 hour ago, Ken Roy said:

Something must have changed from when I first looked at this mod since it correctly supported users who were still using the old style default photos as treeID.personID.jpg

This is still working correctly - the issue appears to be with media linked to a person that has no default photo set - then the black box appears - but it shouldn't - if a person doesn't have a default photo, then there should be nothing shown - just as if the person had no media linked at all.

Roger