TNG Community
SLT1984

How to get started with Laragon (TNG + Wordpress)?

SLT1984

Hello,

I must preface this by stating that I have zero knowledge or understanding of anything I'm about to write (therein lies the problem!). I have done a fair bit of searching online, but I've not managed to find anything I can actually understand.

It may seem at odds with the idea of a family history website but, for a variety of reasons, I would like to use TNG locally - for the foreseeable future, at least. The thought being that one day I will have a site worth making public, at which point I will look into web-hosting options, but that's a far-off goal and until then I should like to just be able to faff about with it offline as and when I am able to.

Following advice and some further reading, I have installed Laragon for this purpose (I use Windows 10, albeit it on an old and decrepit machine). And now I am stuck. I am reasonably sure that I would like to do the whole integrating-TNG-with-Wordpress thing (the Kloosterman method, rather than the plugin). By any chance, does there exist a 'how-to' guide for doing this with Laragon? Or would anybody be able to provide basic instructions, please? I'm hoping that's not too big an ask, but I really am clueless so can only apologise if it is.

Many thanks in advance =]

RickM

Hey @SLT1984

I am using Laragon with W/Press and TNG as a Sandbox for experimenting.. Um It has been a while since I set it up however I would be happy to try and help guide you.. I will have to go have a look at what I have and figure out what I did, so I will come back to you as soon as I can.. Will you be ok with me PM'ing you when I'm ready?? Perhaps we can work together to create a how to for others too!

Rick M

SLT1984

Hello @RickM!

Thank you ever-so much for your reply, and indeed for your kind offer. I'd be delighted if you are able (and willing!) to give it a go and I'm more than happy to receive PMs. There's absolutely no rush - I just appreciate the help.

As for creating a 'how to' for others... that's exactly the kind of foolish idea I can get on board with!

Thank you again =]