TNG Community
Hanne

Google Maps?

Hanne

11. june 2021: The problem is solved. I had forgotten to enter new VISA-card details. The old card was expired. As soon as I entered the new details, the maps worked again.

I hope this is the correct Forum. Else please tell me and I will remove this  to the correct forum!

Normally I have Google Maps on my site,without problems and I have an Google API key code and normally it  works fine. Suddenly I get the message on every map that it is "For development purposes only".

I have been trying to read about it at Google Maps but I do not get any cleverer. I have of course been Googling, but it does not make me any cleverer.

It is okay it will cost something but how do I get the maps back?

Kind regards,

Hanne B. Stegemüller,
Denmark.

Edited by Hanne
Solved

Chris Lloyd

Sounds like you may need to update the Google maps key?

Hanne

Yeah Chris you might be right.

Can you tell me 'bout I do that. I get so confused when I look at Googles sites.

Katryne

Hanne, if you do not wish to give your credit card information to Google, you may use the mod Open Street maps (OSM) instead. That is what I have been doing for years for my TNG as well as for my online photo albums made with Piwigo.

Hanne

Thank you very much to both Katryne and Chris.

I actually have been thinking about using OSM as I am not very fond of giving my creditcard details to Google.

Hanne

The problem is solved. I had forgotten to enter new VISA-card details. The old card was expired. As soon as I entered the new details, the maps worked again.