TNG Community

Shared Facts such as Census

KevyNC

Hello,

I started using shared facts in RootsMagic (Preview 8).  Previously, all my census information used the Residence Fact (due to Previously using FTM with Ancestry).  I have begun changing those facts Census and then sharing with the "non head person".  My question is how will TNG handle them at time of import?  I also want existing Residence facts to display according.  I may eventually use the Census Mod, but I am not ready for that. Should  TNG display all census and residence facts for the "home" person?  How are the "shared" people handled? What steps do I need to do make sure I get the desired result?  

Thanks, Kevin

update -- I did  some playing with this on my test server.  I was able to get an acceptable result.  However, I could not accomplish this on my live site.  I am guessing because something during the import process is not actually getting replaced.  So I use a 'hack" of sorts -- I backed up several of the tables on my test site and then restored them on my live site.  This basically worked  with the exception - the test server has the "Role" (which I eventually need to correct) and the live server does not. (test in RED and Live in BLUE).  Also adding Robin for thoughts. [EDIT] not sure if the way its being displayed it due to MODS (there are no MODs on test server currently)

@Robin Richmond

image.png

image.png

Edited by KevyNC
added note