TNG Community

Census Plus 13.0.0.11

tea2weeds

I am on TNG 13.0.1 with CPI 13.0.0.11.      I have  a manually added transcript with one family on it.   I'm now trying to add another family to the same transcript.   I cannot add or update information on the existing template - no errors, but the changes are not saved.  Anyone else experiencing this problem?  Have a fix?

If I understand your question correctly, the Add dialog does not support adding to an existing transcript.  You will need to create a new add for the family you want to add.

5 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

If I understand your question correctly, the Add dialog does not support adding to an existing transcript.  You will need to create a new add for the family you want to add.

The lines 1-42 are already in the transcript.  I'm trying to update the data IN the transcript.    I've always been able to modify an existing transcript in the past.   I'm not trying to add lines.   The lines are already there - just update the values.

I don't know, I don't know how to check.   I believe it's the latest, I think it was upgraded when I upgraded to version TNG 13.0.3. 

Go to TNG > Admiin > Setup and click on the diagnostic tab.  It should show at the top of that page what PHP version is being used

On 5/31/2021 at 3:16 PM, tea2weeds said:

php 7.3.27

Any update or suggestions on how to resolve the problem preventing me from modifying a transcript?

Sorry, I have no clue as to what might be preventing you from updating an existing census you have added unless you are getting some PHP error that is stopping the update.  Unfortunately, I am in the middle of beta testing TNG 13.0.4 and have not had a chance to look into this any further.

If you PM me your email address, I may be able to send you a beta for the next version I am currently updating to support PHP 8 but that might not be until after TNG 13.0.4 becomes generally available.  Currently I do not have time to manage a beta test of the updated Census Plus International mod at the same time I am testing the TNG software upgrade.

I think I'm done with this mod.    I've always liked it,  and would really like some way of having a good extrace when the images are hard to read - but it's getting harder and harder to use and less support when there are problems.    I'll just pull it...

I am sorry that you feel there is less support when there is problems.  I have tried to keep this mod current and working with the exception of the Import from Ancestry which I have not been able to figure out.

You should not give up so easily.  Just send me a PM with your email address so I can send you a beta