TNG Community
Joyaa

Unable to install "Display Private Notes" Mod due to "Public Access Control Mod" (whatever that is!)

Joyaa

Hi Team,

I am using TNG 13.0.3 and am trying to install Display Private Notes V12.1.0.2.

I am unable to install the "Display Private Notes" Mod - apparently due to the "Public Access Control Mod".
I have never heard of - nor ever installed a "Public Access Control Mod" (so far as I can recall).
image.png

I'd love some advice - and thanks in advance.

image.png

Thank you, Joyaa

Chris Lloyd

Check that you have the correct display private notes mod for your version of TNG

Brett

Joyaa

The first thing I would check is that the other conflicts are resolved.

Each refers to the cust_text.php files. Check that each has the correct text required.

//Mods should put their changes before this line, local changes should come after it.

Did you run the update in the Mod Manager 'Recommended Updates' tag.

Hope the wild weather up there has reduced. Winter creeping in down here.

Ken Roy

Joyaa,

Since you have conflicts in nearly every cust_text.php, expand the Info box at the top of the Display Private Notes mod article page and follow the instructions on how to update your cust_text.php files using the Mod Manager Recommended Updates tab

Joyaa

Hi Brett, Hi Ken,
I'm sure you're on the right track and thanks. 
The cust_text.php in https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Mod_Guidelines#Coding_recommendations uses % symbols whereas mine uses > symbols.  It clearly looks nothing like what I have and I am not unclear whether I am being guided to ...
a)  change the '>' to '%'   
or 
b)  add the exact text within the guidance to my cust-text file 
or (more likely)
c)  do something very specific with my cust_text file but I'm not sure what, and don't want to do the wrong thing.

Being very rusty/unused to working with php, I'll attach my cust-text.php file here and request further guidance.

Thank you both, Joyaa

cust_text (v13).php

Brett

Joyaa

Your cust_text.php file does not have the correct beginning of text.

As Ken and I suggested, use the Recommended Updates tab and follow the instructions. This is to bring the cust_text.php file to meet TNG12+ requirements.

If you do not see Recommended Updates tab use the Options tab and change No to Yes in the Display Options for Show Recommended Updates tab.

image.png

Brett

Depending on what you use the Mod for, you should also look at Confidential Notes Color

Joyaa

Hi Brett,
Thanks for your prompt reply.  All is now working perfectly.
(I saw the recommended updates tab, applied it, and consequently was able to install the Mod successfully.  This was certainly easier than trying to follow the coding instructions I referred to above).
Thanks.
And yes, the weather here on the Gold Coast is excellent, I have fed three visiting sulphur -crested cockatoos this morning, and asked the Australian wood duck to spot using our pool as his personal toilet.  (He ignored me, of course).
Best, Joyaa

Joyaa
2 hours ago, Brett said:

Depending on what you use the Mod for, you should also look at Confidential Notes Color

Spot on Brett.  This note colourises (aka colorizes) private notes and makes them easy to spot.
Many thanks, Joyaa 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.