TNG Community

Can you see my site?

Hanne B. Stegemüller

Hanne B. Stegemüller

Hello (again) dear all

My site name is: https://tng.stegemueller.dk

Brett is kind and helpful. He has access to my site and can install MODs, administrate everything, see the frontend and so on.

I only get a blank screen. I got an e-mail from Marsha Bryant last night. She also could not see the site. Both Edge and Chrome tells: HTTP ERROR 500. That normally means, that the server is having troubles. I have contacted Sucuri, where I have my firewall, and I'm still waiting for a reply. They are normally also kind and helpful.

When both Brett and I test with: https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com  we are told, that the site is down for everyone. See attached image.

My short question is: Can YOU see the site?

I also tested the main domain, and that runs fine.

Best regards,
Hanne,
Denmark

Down for everyone.jpg

Edited by theKiwi
Fixed link

Hanne B. Stegemüller
13 minutes ago, Chris Lloyd said:

err: 500 page isn't working

Thanks Chris Lloyd

Up to about an hour ago, the site was viewable in several browsers. It is now only up in Firefox. I can login/logout/search and modify. I have used a VPN across a couple of countries and Firefox still displays correctly.

Hanne B. Stegemüller

Strange! My default browser is actually Firefox - and I only get the blank page. And it has been like that since yesterday.

Hanne B. Stegemüller
1 minute ago, theKiwi said:

I get a blank page on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox, all on Mac OS.

Roger

Thanks Roger.

Hanne

Any response from your web host?

What version of PHP is it? Has it changed recently?

May not explain why I can access your site with one browser but no one else can.

Update:

Please check the site again. It is now viewable on other browsers.

Roger and Chris - if you could do that also please.

Hanne B. Stegemüller

Brett

No I am still waiting for Sucuri, where the firewall is located. But I was just about to open a support ticket on my host here in Denmark. I do not always know, what is going on at Sucuri and what is going on with my original host. I am still new to WAF.

cPanel has this information about the PHP version: "This domain inherits its PHP version “PHP 7.4 (ea-php74)” from: Systemstandard ". It has not been changed for years (I think)

The test site: https://test-tng.stegemueller.dk/ has the same information about php and is up and running.

The main domain has the same information about PHP.

Kind regards,
Hanne

Hanne B. Stegemüller

Now I have just heard from Sucuri, and I'll take the dialogue with them. Fore some strange reason, the site is up running again - for me anyway...

Thanks for all you kind assistance.

Hanne B. Stegemüller
3 minutes ago, Katryne said:

Hanne, I can see your site from France in all my 10 browsers (windows10)

Katryne

Yes suddenly I can also see the site - since the last nine minutes. I have to analyse what is going on.

Thanks a lot for your interest in my strange issues!

Yes, now it's working. Maybe your hosting company fixed whatever was wrong with it - maybe tmp files storage full, or some other problem.

Roger

Hanne B. Stegemüller
13 minutes ago, theKiwi said:

Yes, now it's working. Maybe your hosting company fixed whatever was wrong with it - maybe tmp files storage full, or some other problem.

Roger

It is great it is working again - but I need to find out what was/is going on on my site.

I've written to my host here in Denmark and asked for some kind of log file if they have a log opver HTTP 500 errors.

Hanne