TNG Community

Add content to table "Sites using this mod"

Hanne B. Stegemüller

Hanne B. Stegemüller

Hi there (again) 😎

I now have just now created an account on TNG Wiki, and would like to contribute to show, that I use mod "Unused media", and I love it, as the site tells this:

"Sites using this mod

If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below!"

But I can't find somewhere to edit the table.

Can anyone explain?

Hanne,

Where did you create an account?   If you did not request an account using the Request Account  form on the TNG Wiki, then you do not have an account that allows you to edit pages on the TNG Wiki.  Note that accounts are not automatically created but most be approved by an administrator

Ken

Administrator for the TNG Wiki

Hanne B. Stegemüller

Hi Ken

Thanks for your reply!

I am sure I did it the authorized way, as I got this answer: And the answer mail had this subject: "Account creation for TNG_Wiki"

"

The account you requested for this email address on the TNG Wiki (<https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page>) named "Stegemüller" has been created with a temporary password "HIDED HERE".
You should log in and change your password now.

After you login, you should look at your User Talk page and read the articles shown in the list.

I have logged in and successfully changed password.

Thanks Hanne,

I search for Hanne in the user list.  I have no way of finding users by their name, only by their username.

You should have received an email that included several links to TNG Wiki articles that should help with the TNG Wiki.  You can find those links in your profile Discussion page

You should be able to login to the TNG Wiki and Edit the mod page or better click the link in the Table of Contents for Sites Using this mod and use Edit Source the section.  The easiest way to add your site, is to copy the last table entry (Wiki table rows start with |- and columns use | ) and paste it before the End of table entry |)

I think it might be easier with Edit Source than with Edit which launches the VisualEditor rather than the WikiEditor

Hanne B. Stegemüller

Hi Ken

It is a bit strange. I've checked my deleted mails. I only got two mail with sender TNG_Wiki:

1. TNG_Wiki <*****@lythgoes.net>. Subject: TNG_Wiki email address confirmation
  2. TNG_Wiki <*****@lythgoes.net>. Subject: Account creation for TNG_Wiki

1. My username is: Stegemüller
  2. I go here: https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/User_talk:Stegemüller
  3. I am logged in
  4. I really cant see " the link in the Table of Contents for Sites Using this mod "
  5. I can get this: image.png
  6. I can edit other paragraphs. Of course I wont do that.
  7. I must look some place wrong.

38 minutes ago, Hanne said:

Scroll down the page until you see the Sites Using this Mod table, and click on a cell in the table, and then click the arrow at the top of the table

image.png

Now you can insert a row before or after where you clicked.

Roger

Hanne B. Stegemüller

Hi theKiwi/Roger

Thank you so much!. Now I see what you mean.

I love TNG and all the related possibilities like this forum. When I am a little more well known with things, I offer to contribute with what is needed in Danish. I've just retired,  and would like to give a little bit back after all the kind help I've received. After communicating with Darrin, I have put this on my Danish version of my TNG site (translated by Google):

"Gradually, I have many years of experience with setting up TNG, which this page is made in. I offer to make a page for you, if you do not dare to embark on it yourself, but still want to present your data online. It does not cost anything. The only condition is that you have order in data and pictures in advance, because otherwise the work is too big, and I do not bother to put your things in order, to put it bluntly. You can possibly contact me here in advance."

I hope I am good at presenting issues. I mean: I hope it is easy to see what the problem is.

I am almost crazy after building the site for a friend. He is so unstructured in thinking and managing data and files.

1 hour ago, theKiwi said:

Scroll down the page until you see the Sites Using this Mod table, and click on a cell in the table, and then click the arrow at the top of the table

Thanks Roger,

I have not had the time to figure out the VisualEditor that was added in the last MediaWiki upgrade, so maybe you or others can document how to use the VisualEditor for adding table entries.

2 hours ago, Hanne said:

TNG_Wiki <*****@lythgoes.net>. Subject: Account creation for TNG_Wiki

Hanne,

Did the 2nd email not have several links that should contain the same information that was put in your user profile discussion page?

Hanne B. Stegemüller

Hi Roger and Ken Roy

Thats it! Thanks.

Have I added the wrong username "Stegemüller" as it does not look like the other usernames? I have used the username for TNG_Wiki.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Hanne B. Stegemüller
2 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Hanne,

Did the 2nd email not have several links that should contain the same information that was put in your user profile discussion page?

Ken Roy

2nd email looks like this, and you are right, it has several links, but they lead to the same subjects, just in many languages. Is this what you mean?

Screenshot_2.jpg

5 hours ago, Hanne said:

Have I added the wrong username "Stegemüller" as it does not look like the other usernames? I have used the username for TNG_Wiki.

Screenshot_1.jpg

It needs to be made as a link - the easiest way to figure this stuff out is to look at the preceding line - if you click or double click on A. Treichel you'll see the syntax that is used to make that username a link.

Then just repeat that for your username.

Roger

Hanne B. Stegemüller
2 hours ago, theKiwi said:

It needs to be made as a link - the easiest way to figure this stuff out is to look at the preceding line - if you click or double click on A. Treichel you'll see the syntax that is used to make that username a link.

Then just repeat that for your username.

Roger

Oh yes of course. I do that! Thanks Roger.

I really want to contribute.