TNG Community

Mobile display

Hans Uwe Petersen

Hans Uwe Petersen

When accessing myt TNG-site on my phone, the main menu does not collaps, when clicking an item.
Anyone any hint to fix this problem?

mobile-menu.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hans,

I just happened upon your question while I was searching for a solution to the same issue.  I have the same problem where the menus will not disappear while I am using a smartphone.  I have used a small tablet (Kindle) and the problem does not exist.  Only with the smartphone.

There is probably a simple way to fix this but I haven't figured it out.  I am looking for some assistance as well.

Screenshot_smartphone.jpg

Hans Uwe Petersen

Hi Charlie.

It seems, that the new version of TNG (13.0.4.) has solved the problem with the menu not collapsing in the mobile version. On my phone (One Plus 8) everything works very fine now.

Thank you Hans!  I've already upgraded to TNG (13.0.4) and it hasn't seemed to make any difference.  I'll keep looking around but I really do appreciate your response.  Hope you have a great day!

I’ve tested this on my site, running TNG 13.0.4 and using template 18 and I have the same issue. What template are you using?

I’m away from home at the moment and don’t really want to uninstall the mods I have made or are using until next week at home…but I’ll check then to see if it is a conflict with a mod. Are you using any mods?

My private site is very low use, so it’s not a major concern for me at the moment.

Sorry, I have to correct myself…my site is in fact working fine on mobile. Not sure why I thought it wasn’t.

Hans, when you say you click an item, do you mean one of the drop down menu options or the menu icons? If I click an icon, the menu appears and remains until you either click the icon again or choose a menu option. This is expected behaviour.

Or are you saying the menu remains even after you click a menu item and move to another page?

Hans Uwe Petersen

I'm using template 13 and as I said after the upgrade to version 13.0.4 the mobile-display works without any problems. Have a look at the attached screenshots.Screenshot_20210723-094131.jpgScreenshot_20210723-094140.jpgScreenshot_20210723-094154.jpgScreenshot_20210723-094202.jpgScreenshot_20210723-094226.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-094147.jpg

My apology for not responding sooner Phil...had a death in the family and have been working arrangements with family.

I should have explained that I do use the Kloosterman method on my site now (just recently switched over).  So, I do not use one of the TNG templates.  The behavior I experience when visiting TNG through my WP site is that the menu buttons do not work on my mobile site when I use a smartphone.  The menus themselves will not retract and are continuously open...covering much of the screen.  However, if I use my Kindle tablet, I don't have the same problem.

However, after reading the responses, I decided to try using my smartphone to access my old TNG site where I used template 17.  I did not experience the problem this way and the menus worked just fine.

Like I said, this might be a simple thing to fix but I don't have enough experience to know where to check.  If you, or anyone else, have any suggestions, I'd be very interested to see what I can do to get this to work reliably from my new main WP/TNG site.  

http://www.adambarner.family is the website if your interested in testing it.  It's new and still being developed.

My condolences Charlie. I'm sorry for your loss.

Re the issue, as you've rightly pointed out, it sounds like the WP integration is somehow affecting how things work...and that's out of scope for me, as I don't have any experience with WP. I'll leave it to others to try and help.

Thank you for the thoughts.  I'll continue to do some research and perhaps someone may post a simple fix.  I don't mind puzzles so I'll keep plugging away.  Have a great day!