TNG Community
toreohn

Moving TNG from root to subfolder

toreohn

I have installed TNG at root level. public domain. Now I want to move the installation to a folder for TNG. What do I have to do to make it happen?

Tore

theKiwi

Move all the files to a sub-folder, then go to the admin.php file in the new sub-folder, then to the Settings ------> General Settings ------> Paths and Folders, and either change the Rootpath to reflect the new sub-folder, or just delete the entry that's there and save the changes, then open it again, and TNG will have put the correct value under the still empty box. You can leave it as is, or copy that value and paste it into the box and save the changes again.

You also need to change the "Genealogy URL" in the Site Design and Definition section of General Settings.

Roger

toreohn

Looks like I'm made a big mistake.

I moved TNG to a new folder called TNG. Went to my domain (ohnstads.com). The site showed the TNG folder. Clicked on the folder and entered  the TNG web page.

Went into settings and saw that the root path was correct. 

Everything looked OK.  But then, and here I probably did something wrong, I went into settings again.------> Path and folders.

There I saw that the config path was empty and that it was voluntary to use it or you could insert the same path as the root path.

I did so and after that I got the message:

"Error: TNG is not communicating with your database. Please check your database settings and try again. Settings can be found under Admin / Setup / General Settings / Database, or at the top of your config.php file."

Tore

toreohn

I got in contact with my database again.  A space in the path line caused the trouble. 

But after this error I have problems with other things. The character set is not correct even though it looks correct in the layout. Something is wrong with the configuration.

I would also have liked to have been able to go directly to the TNG site. Then I have to create a file in the public area that directs to the TNG folder?

Tore

toreohn

Problems solved.

Thanks for helping me.

Tore