TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
jodrexel

solved - display errors

jodrexel

I am currently converting my wordpress site to the Avada theme.  On the TNG pages I still have 2 display errors (see picture).  Can someone tell me where to find the settings to adjust the appropriate values.

Fotos_ Anzeigefehle_2.png

theKiwi

To figure this out people will have to see the actual web page, not a screen shot of it...

https://joachimdrexel.de/tng/browsemedia.php?mediasearch=Portrait&mediatypeID=photos&tree=jodrexel&tnggallery=1

seems to be that page?

Does the problem show still if you temporarily change WordPress themes?

That would tell you where the problem lies - with the theme's settings if it changes, and with TNG settings if it doesn't - my money is on it being caused by the theme, and you'll need to make changes to it to fix this problem.

Roger

jodrexel

Hello Roger,

thanks for your help. I was able to fix the error with the images by making a change in genstyle.css (.gallery {height: 125px;}).
The error with the language selection is due to an Avada CSS. But this is marked with 'Compiled CSS - Do not edit ' and a change of the corresponding value in the Wordpress Extra CSS does not work.
I have only basic knowledge in css and do not know where else I can change the value. On the other hand, I can also live with the too large language selection.

It worked then nevertheless, I had made a spelling mistake.

Joachim

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

theKiwi
6 hours ago, jodrexel said:

thanks for your help. I was able to fix the error with the images by making a change in genstyle.css (.gallery {height: 125px;}).

To do this so you don't lose the changes in a future upgrade, copy that block of code out of genstyle.css and paste it into the mytngstyle.css file that your site is using - if you're using a TNG template, then that file is in the templatexx folder where xx is the number of the template you're using.

Then change the value in the code you copied and pasted, and then you can also delete other lines from that block if you didn't change them.

This means that a TNG upgrade will keep your changes

Roger

jodrexel

Thanks for the tip. I have expressed myself inaccurately. The changes are in the mytngstyle.css respectively in the extra css of wordpress.

Joachim