TNG Community
Xau

User Photo Sort

Xau

a Nice feature to add would be when on the getperson.php under photo's be able to link to the sort option so you can sort that persons photo's without having to 

go to the admin side, click on media sort and then plug in that user's id... it could be right under the slide show option. its similar concept to Editing that user, as most people would think

of sorting pictures when looking at them on that screen.

Rob Severijns

Hello Xau,

Nice suggestion 😉

I always tend to forget how to sort mediafiles especially if they are linked to an event.

Furthermore I would prefer that feature for every media file. (Photo's, Documents, Videos, PDF etc) not just in the Photo section etc but in the Event areas too.

I would also like see it limited to either the Admin, the Editor or the Media editor or the Custom User that has any of the rights below.

• Allow to add any new data
  • Allow to add media only
  • Allow to edit any existing data
  • Allow to edit media only
  • Allow to delete any existing data
  • Allow to delete media only

Why not the option to left click and hold on a mediafile and then move the file. Might even be better.

I guess it will be a tricky one to develop since there are a lot of Mod's for mediafiles and that could generate potential conflicts.

Let's see what happens.

Rob

Rob Roy

My numbering system does this for me.  I used the id plus a code.  For example 2116-gs1 and 2116-gs2 sort 1 first followed by 2.  For pictures not associated with events, it is 2116-pic1 and 2116-pic2.    Now if later I find that I need to sort a picture between 1 and 2, I label it 2116-pic11.  If I feel I may eventually have more than 9 pictures, then I zero-fill the number.  Sor far it has worked.

Michel KIRSCH
On 4/4/2021 at 7:34 PM, Rob Severijns said:

Nice suggestion

🤔🤪

Rob Severijns
8 hours ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

🤔🤪

LOL