TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Wedig

Problem With Template 20

Dan Wedig

Last year I updated my BiehleCousins.org website to TNG V 13 and Template 20.  Everything worked fine until the other day when I was doing some maintenance to the mail layout.  Now when I try to save Template 20 I keep getting the following:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@biehlecousins.org to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

If I switch to another template everything loads fine.  Does anyone have a suggestion how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Dan Wedig

Ken Roy

Dan,

It sounds like whatever change you made is causing a syntax error someplace.

If you can access you PHP error log, there is likely an error entry that explains the cause of the system internal error.  If you do not have access to the PHP error log, you could look at installing Rick Bisbee's Prolog Mod  or Roger Mitchell's Show PHP Error Log mod which also points to the TNG Wiki article on how to override your site php.ini and setup a PHP Error Log

Alternatively you can copy the file you changed and paste it in Php Syntax check  which should flag the syntax error that is causing the server misconfiguration.

Dan Wedig

Thanks Ken.  I am trying to access the Error Log using Show PHP Error Log

Dan