TNG Community
SarahBeth

Possible to Change Family Title to Spouse?

SarahBeth

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone knows how I could change the "Family 1" or "Family 2" title line on individual pages to read as "Spouse 1" and "Spouse 2", etc.? 

Thanks very much!

image.png

tngrlkrz

Check out the Show_Husband_or_Wife_mod, but may require slight modification, since it is set to change to family to either husband 1..2.. or wife 1..2, but not spouse.  If the same spouse is same sex as subject person, then 'partner' is displayed.  Perhaps no change necessary since husband, wife, or partner seems better than just spouse, but just personal choice.

image.png

SarahBeth

Worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

Rob Roy

Actually, I like the idea of that mod, however, what about the unmarried with children?  Since I link back to Edward I, there are a lot of natural children.  Yes, it is good to be king, but listing them as husband and wife would be incorrect.

SarahBeth
54 minutes ago, Rob Roy said:

Actually, I like the idea of that mod, however, what about the unmarried with children?  Since I link back to Edward I, there are a lot of natural children.  Yes, it is good to be king, but listing them as husband and wife would be incorrect.

Yes, I have one or two cases like this myself . . . but for the hundreds of others, I'd rather have it say "husband" and "wife". I'll make sure that a prominent note is featured on the unmarried ones to explain the status, since the original "spouse" is incorrect for that case as well.

Rob Roy

Family is not always correct either.

SarahBeth

The only real way would be to have Admin-editable fields there, really. But that would be a big change to the programming.