TNG Community
Michala

Q: Branch filter for surnames.php

Michala

Hi all,

I like the surnames page but I'd like an option to filter it be branch for those of us that have access to multiple brances.

I found a deprecated mod 'custom drop down menu' re tree filter; so something along these lines but for branch.

Is anyone aware of how to do this or shall I add it to ideas forum?

Many thanks,

Michala

Robin Richmond

I think that it should go on the ideas forum but still...

You can't see it if you have only one tree, but the surnames pages does have a tree selection box
image.png

So that's a start.

And the advanced search page has a tree/branch selection
image.png

Actually, the Admin>>Users>>Edit page also has a tree/branch selection
image.png
But less-than-ideally, the Tree selection box is still visible (but pointless) if there is only one tree

In addition, I have written a private mod that adds a Branch selection to the dropdown search form
image.png

I'm not in a position to create a new mod right now, but if you or anyone else out there? might be able to copy and paste some existing PHP, HTML, and maybe  Javascript, with a little direction, I could help with the solution.  It wouldn't necessarily have to be a mod (though it should be). It could just be patched copies of surnames.php, surnames-all.php, and surnames-one-letter.php, at least for the time being.

Can you think of an existing TNG page that has a Branch dropdown selection without the tree selection if there is only one tree?  That could provide some additional useful existing code.

- Robin