TNG Community
Hanne

Danish version of Data Protection Policy

Hanne

Hi there

I would like to translate https://tng.stegemueller.dk/data_protection_policy.php into Danish and make a few changes in the English version.

The file 'data_protection_policy.php' is found in '/tng.stegemueller.dk/languages/English-UTF8' and contains the following:

<?php
$nologin = 1;
include("tng_begin.php");

$dataprotect_url = getURL( "data_protection_policy", 0 );

$logstring = "<a href=\"$dataprotect_url\">" . xmlcharacters($text['dataprotect']) . "</a>";
writelog($logstring);
preparebookmark($logstring);

tng_header( $text['dataprotect'], $flags );

$langfolder = findlangfolder("data_protection_policy.php");

include($cms['tngpath'] . "$langfolder/data_protection_policy.php");

tng_footer( "" );
?>

1. Where can I find the file, where I can make changes in the English version?
  2. To me the php script above looks like the file is ready to fetch translations (but I know nothing about php).
  3. Where do I place my Danish version? And can template 209 find out, that there is also a Danish version?

Kind regards,
Hanne

Rob Severijns

Hi Hanne,

1. In the English language folder  (data_protection_policy.php). The actual text can be found and altered there.
  2. Correct. Found in the actual languages folders.
  3. Looks like the Danish UTF8 language folder doesn't contain the file data_protection_policy.php. Just copy it from Danish. When you switch language from English to Danish or vice versa TNG automaticly uses the right language file. So no need to change anything for template 209.

Rob

Hanne

Hi Rob

26 minutes ago, Rob Severijns said:

Hi Hanne,

1. In the English language folder  (data_protection_policy.php). The actual text can be found and altered there.
  2. Correct. Found in the actual languages folders.
  3. Looks like the Danish UTF8 language folder doesn't contain the file data_protection_policy.php. Just copy it from Danish. When you switch language from English to Danish or vice versa TNG automaticly uses the right language file. So no need to change anything for template 209.

Rob

Hi Rob

1. So great! I don't know, why I haven't seen it before.
  2. Super!
  3. Even more super!

Thank you very much for your reply. Now I can work on.

../Hanne