TNG Community
Marc Bourgeois

DNA - Fraudulent user access

Marc Bourgeois

I have started loading DNA data to my website and this morning when reviewing my access log, I noticed IP address 45.91.23.47 reviewing my DNA data.  I checked and this address is classified as fraud risk by Scamalytics 45.91.23.47 ( VPN ) Fraud Risk (scamalytics.com).  My site requires an account to access, but I have always had a guest account for general restricted access and that how the IP accessed my site. I have never seen this IP before.

Has anyone using the DNA feature seen this IP trying to access the DNA data?

Other than Blocking this particular IP does anyone have a suggesting on how to ensure that DNA data remains safe?

Ken Roy

Marc,

IP address shows as a VPN out of Montreal.  If your Guest user does not have View Private privilege, you could mark your DNA tests as Keep Test Private, as documented in the Help screen on the Admin DNA screen, to prevent the Guest user from accessing your DNA Tests

Keep Test Private.

If you enter Yes to keep this test private, the test display will be restricted to logged in users who have the Allow Private privilege. This allows you to restrict access to DNA Tests that you marked as Keep Test Private. The test will be viewable by the TNG Administrator

Marc Bourgeois

Thanks Ken,

I tried several permutations of your solution but didn't the results I wanted so I went the brute force route and blocked the IP range associated the domaine.

Regards, Marc.