TNG Community
johnl-mpls

Converting existing install to subdomain

johnl-mpls

I've just recently started with TNG and initially installed to <domain>/public_html/tng, but after using it a bit, I realize I would prefer genealogy.<domain>/public_html/ (i.e., in a subdomain root instead of in a subfolder of public_html named "tng".

I've moved (renamed) all of the files in the tng directory (recursively) using FileZilla to the subdomain root.  I then changed the root path in Admin->setup->general-settings->paths and folders.  All seems to be working, but I'm wondering if I've missed anything else, but just haven't noticed yet or been bitten by it yet.

Thanks for any feedback.

John

theKiwi

The two things are the same - if your hosting site has a cPanel, you need to go to the setting area called "sub-domains" and set up the sub-domain you're proposing. This will create a folder in public_html called "genealogy" if that's what you call your sub-domain.

Put all the TNG files inside this folder, update the rootpath setting, and the domain name setting in TNG Admin and you should be set to go.

Roger

johnl-mpls

Roger,

Thanks so much for confirming.  It's nice to know I won't get months down the road and then find out I missed a step that meant extra work or rework!

Best regards,

John