TNG Community

Hide File Size on Media Table

cardscraps

(SOLVED) I have installed the mod Media Show Table and have looked at some sites using it and they seem to have different fields on their sites.  I would like to know if I can hide some of the fields in this table such as size and dimension. Been looking for hours where I can get rid of these without luck. Can anyone help please?

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 2.00.28 pm.png

Michel KIRSCH

How to find where this information is coded/used?

Search in your folder languages/English for "File Size" (with double quotes)

Notepad++ returns one location in text.php file : $text['filesize'] = "File Size"; (ans one in admintext but the label $admtext['backupfilesize'] is not relevant)

Search now in your TGNG root directory where this variable ($text['filesize']) is used :

Notepad++ returns : showmedialib.php

Double-click on the result and showmedialib.php opens at the right line

Comment this line with //  ( //    $tabletext .= tableRow($text['filesize'], $filesize);)

Save the file : it's done.

This is a simple case. Sometimes, there are more than one result...and sometimes it can be more difficult to modify the file !

DON'T FORGET to make a backup of your file before modiying it !

Michel

If you make this change or any other changes to the TNG modules to comment out code, make sure you keep good notes of what you changed or create a private mod and install your changes using the Mod Manager, otherwise you will be back here asking the same help question next time you upgrade.  The Mod Manager eliminates the need to keep separate files to document your changes to TNG scripts so you do not have to search or remember where you documented your changes to TNG files.

The Media Show Table mod is not setup to hide fields.  It was designed to move the display the Media Description (title) and Notes (Media Information Description field) to the table below the image.

thank you, for taking the time to help that is great! I shall do that. Old COBOL programmer from back in the day, so definitely will back up! Haven't tried creating my own MOD but may well do it. I just don't like the watermark file name that shows and the size etc. I realise that about Show Media Table. All good.

Michel KIRSCH

Cardscraps (sorry, don't know your name..)

If you use a mod, don't forget to fill the "sites using this Mod" on the Mod's wiki page.

And if you mod the Mod, be careful !

Michel